Help on Venetia...

1. Hi guys,

I'm new to Marc Jacobs and i have to say the Venetia (soft calf) caught my eye..whats the nicest brown it came in? and what can I still find in the stores?

can you wear this on your shoulders -- it looks like it has medium straps..TIA!! :p

2. Hello there. The handles on the Venetia are pretty short; it's definitley a crook-of-your-arm kind of bag. Very pretty bag, though.

3. I agree that it is more of a crook-of-your-arm bag. But I do know some people can fit it over their shoulders.

As for colors, tPF member lv_obsessed has a beautiful Venetia in the color Acorn. Here's a pic of it:

[​IMG]

4. The acorn is gorgeous. Does anyone think that the buckled strap across the middle of the bag is cumbersome to use?

5. A lot of members leave the buckle undone. It doesn't seem to bother them.

It also comes in Hazelnut, Espresso, Bark, Cognac, Rust, Nutmeg, Cocoa, and Whiskey. You can see most of these colors in the reference thread above, if you go to the leather variations thread.

6. thanks!

7. I think espresso, cocoa, and whiskey are really nice brown shades. I usually leave the buckle on so I can only unzip my bag half-way open :p . Tedious? A little bit but I love it:love:

8. ok i did it...i just bought it in berry. I LOVE the bag. It is a perfect size, gorgeous and I can't believe I almost passed up on it!!!

9. ^ Congrats!! Can't wait to see your photos!

10. yeah!congrats!Post pics!

11. Berry's a great color! Enjoy the bag and post photos of it soon!!

12. Finally, I stopped procrastinating...
    here is the pic of my berry!

Don't look at the background of the pic too hard, it's sooo embarrassing! The lonely flipflop, the bottom of a wine rack- totally living like I'm in college! :blush:

[​IMG]

13. it's so pretty!
    I usually leave my strap buckled and leave the purse half unzipped.
    I can fit it over my shoulder as long as I'm not wearing a coat.

14. Thanks! See ms_izze you should get one!!!!

15. venetia would be one of the styles to definately get. it is the kind of bag where you carry at the crook of your arm...and i think it's a decently weighted bag too