HELP!! oil stain on my 1wk old wisteria spy bag!!

If i were you i would ask to speak to a manager at Saks and if that manager is not helpfull, call around other saks until you find a manager who will listen and help you.....at the very least they should call around all the saks stores until they can locate the exact same bag for you...i find it hard to believe there are no more...i just saw this exact same bag in barneys!! It is such a beautiful bag and if they cannot help you clean it they should at least help you find the same bag!!

The other option is to send it to an upscale tannery in NY or LA apparently some of them can work wonders on stains etc

I posted a thread about leather tips....but i guess I hit the wrong page!

Take cornstarch and rub in into the spot. Use a light bulb to create a little heat (not too close to burn the leather ..please) this will cause the oil to be drawn out a little faster. Brush off with a toothbrush and then try again until all of the oil is out. It could take a while, but it does work. If you have any questions , drop me a line...but this wshould do the trick

Redying would not work over the oil stain; the oil has to be extracted before any leather work can be done to it....

If it really cannot come out, www.lovinmybags.com can do it guaranteed. So don't fret...it is repairable. they will use fume silica...a very powerful oil extractor (you need a mask to use it....not a home remedy!!)

All the best....Barbara

Diorgirlz22 said:
I don't believe it!!! I just checked out the saks.com to see if the Fendi Wisteria Leather Spy Bag are still... STILL AVAILABLE!!!!!!! :o)

I think you should call the main Fendi number and plead your case..it shouldn't matter where you bought your Fendi bag...the main question is can you remove the stain or not...plain and simple. I think it's ridiculous that they can only fix it if you bought it at one of their boutiques...that BS!

UPDATE #3: saks has the bag back online again, so i was able to exchange my stained one for a brand spanking new one!! yippee!! as for the corn starch/baby powder method, it actually did work a lil. it's a great trick and didn't harm the bag at all.

Because a lot of lite colored leather bags stain easily would you recommend a leather proctector for these type of bags. With normal wear and tear they are bound to get stained any suggestions before I purchase one.

I just posted on another thread, but I'm sooo happy that you worked it out. The wisteria spy is a pretty penny and it would've been so horrible if they didn't exchange it for you.!!!! i think I should invest in a spray though.:idea:

Did you try going back to Saks? I bought a bag from there which had a stain on it and they sent it back to the manufacturer to see if they could fix it. Sorry this happened to you!

curly said:
Did you try going back to Saks? I bought a bag from there which had a stain on it and they sent it back to the manufacturer to see if they could fix it. Sorry this happened to you!

as soon as i saw the bag available online again, i was able to exchange it for a new one. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

i went to burlington coat factory and bought a bottle of the Apple Garde "rain and water repellant" spray. it was only $5. (located in the leather coat dept, in case any of u are interested) i haven't sprayed the bag yet, but will probably do it this week.

peanutbabycakes said:
as soon as i saw the bag available online again, i was able to exchange it for a new one. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

i went to burlington coat factory and bought a bottle of the Apple Garde "rain and water repellant" spray. it was only $5. (located in the leather coat dept, in case any of u are interested) i haven't sprayed the bag yet, but will probably do it this week.

That's great! :yahoo: