HELP*New Apt. and need good bed***

1. I just got my first apartment in NYC and I need help finding a great bed.

I have been looking (Horchow, West Elm, Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn) but nothing seems to fit what I am looking for.

I need a queen size bed that has a short headboard (no bigger than 42'' if possible) because the bed will lay side ways, and I would like to be able to store things underneath.

I have attached a picture of an Ikea bed. This bed is what I am looking for in terms of a low headboard.

If you know of any store that has something like this, please let me know.

THANK YOU!

ikea.jpg
  2. So you are looking for something that has a low headboard, like the pic above...but you do not like the Ikea bed....? Do you want a different color or frame? What's wrong with the Ikea bed?

Congrats on finding your apt.!

3. My bed is very similar to that, also from Ikea. Here is a picture of my bed:

[​IMG]

Excuse the mess in my room! This was around the time that we moved in. If you like the Ikea bed, why not just go for it? I think it looks very nice.

The headboard on my bed is also relatively low when I have my pillows fluffed up. It all really depends on how much you want to give out for a piece of furniture.

4. Is Ikea a no? That bed seems perfect.

There are probably some modern stores that have beds like this- pretty pricey from what I remember, but let me see if I can find anything

Congrats on the new apartment!

5. That's nice bed Congrats on your new apartment!!

6. Thank you all so much!!

gr8heart- I didn't want to get Ikea because I am afriad that it will fall apart and before I know it, I have to buy a new one. Also, I am 28 years old and I was thinking that Ikea was for younger people. Maybe this is wrong of me to think.

lamiasetella- I love your bed. It's just like the Ikea oneI found. Did you ever have any problems with it? Did you ever think that it was not as sturdy as say a Pottery Barn bed? Also, how long have you had it for?

Megs- I wanted to do more of a higher end bed. My tv alone was over a $1,000 so I thought it may be silly of me to get a cheap bed while everything else is so nice. What are your opinions of Ikea beds? Would you get one?

SonyaPhi- Thank you so much. I can not wait to move in.

7. Thank you all for your insight, but I think I found my bed at Door Store.

This place is supposed to be better than Ikea but not as costly as Pottery Barn.

Check out my new room!

b_bklyn.jpg
  8. Oh, I love your bed!!! Very cute!

I agree, I don't have faith in Ikea either...

I will have to check out the store you mentioned.

9. gr8heart- Yes, do check it out! My friend who lives in the city suggested it. His furniture is from the Door Store so it must be good. Check it out at http://www.doorstorefurniture.com/