Help needed with Graduation dinner dress!

1. Next Wednesday I have the graduation ball for my teacher training. It is not a black tie event but will be very smart.

The problem is I have loads of lovely dresses but I have put on a stone and they are all a little tight and I don't look as good in them.

I do have the dress below in black but I have always thought that black is a little wintery in the summer? What do you think? I usually go for bright colours and thought black was boring but I am thinking it might be the best bet as it is slimming!

Also, I have some lovely Stuart Weitzman suede black platform peep toes and a g series diamond black clutch that would look nice but is that too much black?

[​IMG]

2. no it is not. for me black is always :tup: - summer or winter. I think your outfit sounds lovely - I am sure you will be the Belle of the Ball.

3. I wear black all year and I think your outfit sounds great!!

4. black is an elegant classy color..you can never go wrong with black!

5. Your dress looks gorgeous. What jewelry will you be wearing?

6. I have a lovely diamond necklace and some little matching stud earrings and my links of london gold charm bracelet, but I thought I might wear my pearls, they are just the baroque cheap ones but I have some links of london hoop earrings with pearls on that I thought might look nice? What do you think?

7. Pearls with your little black dress - I think you'll look classy and elegant!