Help needed on posting on LJ shoptokidoki

sorry to bump this thread up, but how long does does it normally take for the mods on shoptokidoki to approve/deny requests? where do i go to check whether i got approved or denied? also, does a record of that request get logged on my account? this is because when i browse to the shoptokidoki main page, the "Join this community" option still shows up on the top navigation bar, even though i've already made my request :confused1:

I need even more help than that...how do you get to view the stuff on shoptokidoki?? :confused1::confused1: You have to be accepted, right? Where do you apply? I was there today...super confusing so I left. Any info would be a great help! TIA

if you read the rules there's a thing where you have to identify the bag thats on the page you see. you have tto post a comment on it, then it'll take a day or so for them to accept you. i had the same problem. i skimmed through the rules and then just joined without commenting, emailed them and everything because i was so confused, they told me to read the rules, but nothing else.

then i realized what i did.

it really is a retarded way of doing it.

edit***make sure you click the "join this community" link first

sorry to bump this thread up, but how long does does it normally take for the mods on shoptokidoki to approve/deny requests? where do i go to check whether i got approved or denied? also, does a record of that request get logged on my account? this is because when i browse to the shoptokidoki main page, the "Join this community" option still shows up on the top navigation bar, even though i've already made my request :confused1:
There is a link that says "messages" at the top of the page. It should say there, I think. Or under "quick links" when you log in.
Depending on how long its been, you may want to click the join button again [provided you did the posting thing]. That's what happened to my friend.
People also post stuff for sale on 'tokiholics' sometimes. That one is open-membership.

TokiliciousJenY-- yup, like neeecole said, post what it says to in the rules and click the join link..and wait. heh.

There is a link that says "messages" at the top of the page. It should say there, I think. Or under "quick links" when you log in.
Depending on how long its been, you may want to click the join button again [provided you did the posting thing]. That's what happened to my friend.
People also post stuff for sale on 'tokiholics' sometimes. That one is open-membership.

TokiliciousJenY-- yup, like neeecole said, post what it says to in the rules and click the join link..and wait. heh.

there's zilch in my Messages box and zilch under the Quick Links section
does that mean my request didn't go through? :crybaby:

my posting thing did go through, that's for sure.

I think LJ is super confusing to use, too, & the FAQs don't really answer everything I think someone would want to know when trying to learn how to use it. I know how to do/edit journal entries, but can't seem to figure-out how to edit comments...anyone know how to do this?

lol, i guess all of us go thru that.. same for me, i was rejected at first, there is certain words that you need to quote on your post (it was adios foresta when i applied, it was stated in the rules) and my application approved soon after, so make sure you post comments with the required 'password' :smile: