Help! Need a topic for homework

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm stuck! I suck at writing papers,and am even worse at comming up with my own topic.

My Physical Anthropology teacher has us writing two pages on anything regarding Physical Anthropology. This is where I need help. I can't think of a topic to write two pages on..:shrugs:

Any ideas? :idea:

Thanks in advance!!!:flowers:

2. found this in wikipedia: Some of the early branches of physical anthropology, such as early anthropometry, are now rejected as pseudoscience. Metrics such as the cephalic index were used to derive behavioral characteristics.

Maybe you can talk about how they used to measure head sizes and used that to determine how smart a particular "race" was and how they used biological, physical attributes to categorize and stereotype groups of people...it's an example of how racism becomes validated through physical "scientific" data...does this make sense or is it too broad?

3. ohhh ya...that was called phrenology...it was very popular during the late 19th century. Psychologists would also use it to determine mental illness, etc.

4. Do a search on "Kennewick Man"- this may be an interesting topic.

Kennewick Man[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

5. i'm trying to think of the anthro stuff i took in college

the whole site in the UK where they found bodies that indicated with stds- basically human health issues

my bigger fun topic out of anthorpology was legends and folklore

and all that kewl stuff

good luck

and happy writing

6. Thanks guys for your help! I totally forgot to respond to this thread.

7. An early objection to Darwin's ideas about evolution was that the theory could not explain how variation was maintained in populations. Based upon what you learned in the section on the modern synthesis, explain how this can occur. You may want to refer to the online lectures in the Modern Synthesis area for some help. You should explain the sources of variation in populations. Do not simply copy information from the textbook or lectures. In other words, name and describe the various forces that maintain or add variation in populations. For each of the sources, you should name the source, describe how it works, and explain why this maintains variation. Hint: There are four sources of variation, information about which can be found in the Modern Synthesis lectures.:nuts:

8. Can someone help me with this question i have for anthropology/physical
    An early objection to Darwin's ideas about evolution was that the theory could not explain how variation was maintained in populations. Based upon what you learned in the section on the modern synthesis, explain how this can occur. You may want to refer to the online lectures in the Modern Synthesis area for some help. You should explain the sources of variation in populations. Do not simply copy information from the textbook or lectures. In other words, name and describe the various forces that maintain or add variation in populations. For each of the sources, you should name the source, describe how it works, and explain why this maintains variation. Hint: There are four sources of variation, information about which can be found in the Modern Synthesis lectures.

9. Wow...really old thread being brought back.

10. yeah . . . :closed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.