Help! My Gucci bag is ruining all my shirts!

1. I have a large Gucci shoulder bag made out of the GG canvas material (just the normal woven jacquard fabric). I've noticed that even after wearing my bag on my shoulder for a short time, it causes the bottom corner of my shirts to pill (to form those little lint balls that you usually see after long periods of use) where my handbag was rubbing against my shirt. Has anyone ever had this experience with a woven canvas material bag before? I imagine that it could happen with a brand other than Gucci too. I am worried, because I want to use my bag, but I don't want to ruin all my shirts in the process! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. my bag looks like this one:
    eDesignerShop.net - Premium Online Store of Authentic Designer Accessories
    A small pic of it is also posted below:

gucci bag.jpg
  2. I have a large Gucci shoulder bag made out of the GG canvas material (just the normal woven jacquard fabric). I've noticed that even after wearing my bag on my shoulder for a short time, it causes the bottom corner of my shirts to pill (to form those little lint balls that you usually see after long periods of use) where my handbag was rubbing against my shirt. Has anyone ever had this experience with a woven canvas material bag before? I imagine that it could happen with a brand other than Gucci too. I am worried, because I want to use my bag, but I don't want to ruin all my shirts in the process! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. my bag looks like this one:
    eDesignerShop.net - Premium Online Store of Authentic Designer Accessories
    A small pic of it is also posted below:

gucci bag.jpg
  3. hmm.. I don't know what to say as I've never encountered this problem before with my gucci bags. The fabric isn't exactly abrasive so I'm not sure why just wearing it would cause pilling to occur.

Hope somebody will be able to help you out! Is it all your shirts or one shirt in particular? If it's a shirt in particular, what is the shirt made out of? If you post it up here, we may be able to explain why the pilling is happening.

4. At first, I thought it was just the material of the shirt, but it has happened on a few shirts now, all of different materials. One was 100% cotton, the others were combinations of synthetic materials (polyester, rayon, lycra, spandex). The only common feature amongst all the shirts is that they are all thin shirts, so maybe the threads are more likely to break off (thus resulting in pilling)? I agree that the fabric isn't that abrasive, so I have no idea why this is happening. I'm pretty sure it is because of the bag (may be a combination of the fabric of the bag itself and the way the bag sits on the shoulder) because it has happened consistently =(

5. oh wow.. that is so weird. Cuz the cotton shouldn't pill! At first I thought it was a sweater or fancy delicate material you were talking about.. but that didn't make sense cuz then you'd already know it was the shirt and not the bag.

and taking a look at the pic, there's absolutely nothing that sticks out near the bottom corner of that bag too! Do you have any other Gucci bags or similar style bags to test out if it's the bag or that particular bag?

In the meantime... this is a pain, but I guess you'll just have to avoid using it as a shoulder bag and maybe carry it in the crook of your arm or use it as a handheld...

6. This happens to me too. I notice when I wear sweater like materials such as cashmere or blends it pills more than plain cotton.

7. Really? I've worn my bags alot an never had this happen. If it did I'd be taking them back to Gucci to get a leather bag.

8. That is too bad =( Have you figured any way around it? Or have you found any shirt materials that definitely won't pill when worn with the bag?

9. Wow! I haven't had that problem with my Gucci bags or maybe I haven't noticed that on my shirts...

10. me either, that sucks! ;/

11. i had my bag with me when i got stuck in the awful tropical storm and since then my bag been doing the same. I ruined my white shorts and my shirt, only white ones though. I think that happened because the bag got soaking wet but now its better, unfortunately i have no idea how to fix that, i hope your bag will stop doing that too or maybe try wearing it with darker clothes for a while

12. never had that problem! what material are your shirts?

13. Yes, that's happened to me with some of my cotton/poly blend stretchy types of shirts and yoga tops. Some sweaters of mine pill wioth friction too. Those are the only ones where I notice that friction causes problems... otherwise when I'm wearing my other outfits, there's no problem.

Try a change in shirts! Shirts that have more of a woven material shoudn't have a problem.

14. Thanks for the suggestions! I think I will have to be careful about what shirt I wear when I use that bag, or hold the bag more carefully. What types of shirts in particular have you noticed are safe with the bag? I once wore a khaki-ish jacket, and I think that definitely wouldn't pill.

15. For me, denim jackets and leather jackets are fine. It's a bit touchy with my Burberry quilted jacket - that one sometimes can get a bit fuzzy if there's too much friction.

For shirts, I can wear anything that's like a woven cotton - button down shirts like Theory and Banana republic, fitted tees, etc... It tends to be my stretchy lycra/rayon blend tops for yoga/casual wear and sweaters that pill for me.