Help My Friend Identify Her Ideal Handbag

1. I've been having an email conversation with a friend who's on a quest for the perfect (for her) handbag. Here is her description: "I want a bag small enough not to have to be checked at museums, but within those limits (11 x 14 at MOMA; could be quite deep) as large as possible, with a generous open pocket on the outside, plus an outside zip pocket, plus a generous zip pocket on the inside. And without small pointless outside pockets, especially pockets that take 10 minutes to unbuckle. Such a bag is amazingly rare.
    Is it exceedingly rare? I couldn't think of one to recommend. Anyone else have a suggestion that meets those criteria? It doesn't have to be a major brand--is there anything out there? If you have a photo, so much the better. My guess is that preferred color would be black. Thanks.
  2. Hello! I don't have any specific suggestions but I'll include her "wish list" ideas with my consumer research and maybe in the near future (hoping for a Feb 07 launch of a 'customizable handbag' line) there'll be a bag that she can "make" with those specifications. :smile:
  3. So it is really true--that such a bag IS rare?
  4. Susan-eric, does this mean your friend wants a certain number of pockets only? I mean what if there are more than one inside pocket?
  5. Yes, your friend's ideal handbag is indeed difficult to find.

Take this Stone Mountain bag: it has more interior pockets than specified:

Stone Mountain Carolina Gathered Hobo > Leather Handbags > Handbags - eBags
    Material:Butter soft fine grain leather Size:12" x 8" x 3.5" Linear inches:23.5"Weight:1 lb Warranty:30 days against manufacturer's defects

Top zip entry
    Shoulder strap has an 8.5" - 13" drop
    Satin lining
    Antique brass hardware
    Attached key leash
    Gathered leather full width exterior slide pocket
    Interior wall zipper pocket
    Additional exterior zip pocket for small items
    Slip pocket, pen sleeve, and cell phone drop pocket
    Stone Mountain Carolina Gathered Hobo inside 1.jpg
  6. That's a good question & I'm not sure. But I think if she doesn't want a lot of extra outside pockets, then she probably doesn't want too many extra inside pockets either. I'll send her the Stone Mt. info--thanks! Are there any other recommendations anyone?
  7. least she is really specific ;) . I'll keep my eyes peeled.
  8. This Clava bag has an exterior 1/3-2/3 slash pocket:

Clava Vachetta Leather Feed Bag > Leather Handbags > Handbags - eBags

Material:Vachetta leather Size:13" x 9" x 4" Linear inches:26"Weight:2 lbs Warranty:30 days against manufacturer's defects

Top zip closure
    Strap is adjustable from 8"-16"
    Exterior zipper pocket on back
    Fully lined with interior pocket
    Exterior 1/3-2/3 front slash pockets
  9. This David King bag is, unfortunately, slightly bigger than specified. Also, it weighs 5 lbs.

David King leather handbag model 541
    • Magnectic snap close
    • Open and zippered pockets
    • Sturdy straps
    • Dimensions: 12.5" x 12.5" x 4.5"
    • Weight: 5 lbs
    • Colors: Black, Tan, Cafe
    Square Shopping Tote

Open main section secures with magnetic snal. Inside zippered pocket. Open front pocket and back zip pocket. Double rope shoulder strap. Our soft, rich vacquetta leather displays all the character provided by nature, making each piece unique. Our tanning process locks in natural oils, producing a soft, durable hand that won't crack or become brittle with normal use. Occasional maintenence with a high-quality conditioner is recommended for lasting performance.
  10. Thanks--I'm going to forward the information. I guess it really IS hard to find something that matches the specs exactly!
  11. MJ Stella?
  12. Hmm--took me a while to find a photo--I think too many outside pockets? haha--this IS turning out to be difficult.