HELP me whittle down my Chanel list.

Molls

O.G.
May 27, 2006
I'm waiting for 3 Chanel bags and possibly a patent chocolate YSL Muse and do not need 4 bags, therefore (if I can :shame:smile: I need to whittle my list down to two bags. These are the bags I'm down for:

Chanel Square Vintage Tote in grey
Black Vinyl Hobo (the smaller one)
Luxe Ligne medium Bowler
[and] YSL large Chocolate Patent Muse

I run a business and am on the go constantly. I meet with clients on a regular basis and go from lunch meeting to an evening business dinner quite frequently. I also sit on quite a few boards.

When I'm not working on the weekends, I love to dress kind of funky, great pair of jeans, stilettos or high-healed boots and a great top and soon jacket/blazer/or some of the fantastic wraps that are coming out.

If you had to choose, what two bags would you go choose :flowers: .

Well i personally would choose the luxe medium bowler for weekends and if i was constantly on the go with work i would use the chanel square vintage tote in grey....is that the nylon one?

Luxe Ligne medium Bowler
[and] YSL large Chocolate Patent Muse

I run a business and am on the go constantly. I meet with clients on a regular basis and go from lunch meeting to an evening business dinner quite frequently. I also sit on quite a few boards.

When I'm not working on the weekends, I love to dress kind of funky, great pair of jeans, stilettos or high-healed boots and a great top and soon jacket/blazer/or some of the fantastic wraps that are coming out.

If you had to choose, what two bags would you go choose :flowers: .[/quote]

Hiya,

I cannot comment on the YSL as I know nothing about it.

I do though think your Square Vintage would be lovely for work and play.

Whittling down your list? mine only does after I buy something! :lol:

I think the bowler would be fantastic. Do you think matte white is usable all fall/winter long?

chanelbaby, yeah, I'm trying to be good and not buy so excessively this season :angel:. I sometimes go overboard and that doesn't bode well with my hubby. I want at least two new beauties but want to keep the peace, first and foremost :yes:.

allbrandspls said:
Well i personally would choose the luxe medium bowler for weekends and if i was constantly on the go with work i would use the chanel square vintage tote in grey....is that the nylon one?

I didn't know they made it in nylon, but no, I believe it's the same leather they use on the re-issues (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

whicxh color bowler?

I think white is fine for F/W but the matte isn't as durable as it's metallic sister.

My faves in order:
Luxe Ligne medium Bowler - LOVE this in the new bronze!
[and] YSL large Chocolate Patent Muse - I prefer the new double though

Swanky Mama Of Three said:
whicxh color bowler?

I think white is fine for F/W but the matte isn't as durable as it's metallic sister.

My faves in order:
Luxe Ligne medium Bowler - LOVE this in the new bronze!
[and] YSL large Chocolate Patent Muse - I prefer the new double though

Swanky!!! I didn't think of the white's durability :wtf:. Is the leather lambskin or calf? If it's calf, I think I'm OK, but if it's lambskin I would never be able to take care of the bag :hysteric:, I'm too hard on bags.

As for the YSL Muse, what's a double? I just fell in love with the muse and am learning about sizes and have no idea what a double is :shame:.

Swanky, I went over to the YSL subforum and saw the double. I really like it on Uma Thurman but I don't like it on others. It's definitely a bag I'd have to see in person.

The LUxe should be calfskin or deerskin, not lamb. But it may be 'matte' which seems to be harder to take care of than someof the others.

If you're relatively easy on a bag, I think you'd be fine though ;)

Swanky Mama Of Three said:
The LUxe should be calfskin or deerskin, not lamb. But it may be 'matte' which seems to be harder to take care of than someof the others.

If you're relatively easy on a bag, I think you'd be fine though ;)

Swanky, I'm TERRIBLE with bags :shrugs:. Now I'm questioning getting the white bowler but I LOVE it.

This is what I'm going to do. I went to the trunk show just to see the vinyl hobo. I tried it on and it was amazing :tender:. I know I'll be 1000% sorry if I don't get that bag, so I have to get that one and it will be sooooooo funky for nights out or weekends. I'm definitely going to get the square vintage in grey as well. I will be able to use that bag all the time. As for the white bowler, I'll wait until mine comes in and make up my mind about it then. I can have it shipped to me and send it back if I don't think I can be easy on it. If I like all three, I'll just keep them as their all unique and I'll use them in different ways.

As for the muse, I really like this bag, but I think I'll wait until November to get it. I can always tell my husband it'll be a birthday present from him to me :nuts:.

So, I've whittled down the bags to two, will decide on the bowler when it comes in and then possibly get the muse in November. Now, I just have to STOP thinking about other possible bags :Push:.