Help me plzzz!!!

1. Dear all
    I am researching a new brand concept for handbags for a skool project (m doing handbag design) and i really need some insight into what all you handbag lovers think...

:heart: do you prefer 'out-there' big luxury brands or individualistic small luxury brands..?

:heart: do you think is the most desirable bag? and what about it makes you think that way?

:heart: what is the maximum you have splurged on a designer handbag?

:heart: do you usually intend to make expensive designer purchases or you just end up buying something you hadnt planned to because "you just had to have it!"

:heart: would you spend your cash on a day wear / casual designer bag or u'd rather get a ultra glam dressy bag?

:heart: your age range : 16-21 22-27 28-35 36-44 45-55 55+

:heart: A little bit about youself, your interests, where you like hangin out, fav magazine...etc.

I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could participate in my research, and if you have any questions or wish to email me privately please find it under my user name: lushk under members listing.
    P.S. I would love to know more about you guys so if there is anything else you would like to add please feel free..:heart:

BIG THANKS in advance...

2. Please do not post this again.
    This is the right Forum, I removed all the other duplicates as we do not permit duplicate threads, thanks!

3. oh. i dint knw tht. sorry

4. :heart: do you prefer 'out-there' big luxury brands or individualistic small luxury brands..? Chanel/Hermes

:heart: do you think is the most desirable bag? and what about it makes you think that way? Hermes Kelly-love the shape, feel, and look of the bag

:heart: what is the maximum you have splurged on a designer handbag? $6800

:heart: do you usually intend to make expensive designer purchases or you just end up buying something you hadnt planned to because "you just had to have it!" I never impulse buy. I enjoy the research and the hunt!

:heart: would you spend your cash on a day wear / casual designer bag or u'd rather get a ultra glam dressy bag? Both

5. do you prefer 'out-there' big luxury brands or individualistic small luxury brands..?
    I don't prefer "luxury brands" at all. I just like what I like, and the less it costs, the better.

do you think is the most desirable bag? and what about it makes you think that way?
    I guess the Chanel-Inspired classic flap is certainly one of my favorite styles, at least right now! I have 3 very charming NotChanels, that no one who has ever even seen an actual Chanel would accuse of being Chanel products, even at a distance of 20 yards, but I get a big kick out of them, especially the insouciant rhinestone "X" on the clasp where the initials would be!

what is the maximum you have splurged on a designer handbag?
    Well, I am 54, so my closet is naturally going to contain its share of famous names amassed over the years, but the only time I recall ever having "splurged" on a bag simply because of the brand name, it was back in 1964, maybe 65, when I finally persuaded my mother and grandmother to let me splurge $12 of their money on a John Romain bag because that was what all the most popular little girls had. :biggrin:

do you usually intend to make expensive designer purchases or you just end up buying something you hadnt planned to because "you just had to have it!"
    I do not make "expensive designer purchases." I can't say that I have planned to buy a bag every time I have bought a bag :smile: I have certainly seen bags that I just had to have, like the one in my avatar (Clearance at Target!)

would you spend your cash on a day wear / casual designer bag or u'd rather get a ultra glam dressy bag?
    As mentioned, I don't really do "designer" bags, but any bag I buy at this time would definitely be a bag for day wear. There is no way I could justify purchasing any more evening bags than I currently possess!

your age range : 16-21 22-27 28-35 36-44 45-55 55+
    Already answered

A little bit about youself, your interests, where you like hangin out, fav magazine...etc.
    My interests are varied, I believe somewhere on my profile here I have indicated that it would be easier to list the things that do NOT interest me. I like hanging out with my husband, family, friends, and the only time I ever even leaf at magazines any more is when I am waiting to see a doctor or have my hair done, and on those occasions I am apt to pick up something having to do with fashion or gardening.

Pretty much anything I might wish to read in a magazine I can read on the internets, where I can increase the font size. :p

6. Lushk, my answers aren't going to be helpful but anyway here goes:

do you prefer 'out-there' big luxury brands or individualistic small luxury brands..?
    If I had to go for luxury brands, I'll choose individualistic small luxury brands.

:heart: do you think is the most desirable bag? and what about it makes you think that way?
    Too many to mention; OK maybe the Jas MB slitter bag (available at Barneys) Not much hardware, simple yet classy (IMHO).

I've never bought a designer handbag in my life. Maximum amount spent on a handbag - around $50 (bought a leather handbag while on holiday in Turkey many years ago, never used it when I got home).

:heart: do you usually intend to make expensive designer purchases or you just end up buying something you hadnt planned to because "you just had to have it!"
    Not applicable because I don't intend to make a designer purchase unless I strike the lottery. :smile:

:heart: would you spend your cash on a day wear / casual designer bag or u'd rather get a ultra glam dressy bag?
    Day wear

45-55

:heart: A little bit about youself, your interests, where you like hangin out, fav magazine...etc.
    Love following football (soccer to some of you) - strictly armchair fan, though!

7. :heart: do you prefer 'out-there' big luxury brands or individualistic small luxury brands..? Both

:heart: do you think is the most desirable bag? and what about it makes you think that way? Hermes Birkin, it's the ultimate in quality and design IMO

:heart: what is the maximum you have splurged on a designer handbag? Around 2000$ give or take.

:heart: do you usually intend to make expensive designer purchases or you just end up buying something you hadnt planned to because "you just had to have it!" Both, but more often it's planned as most of my shopping is done while traveling, where I live doesn't offer many choices in luxury shopping.

:heart: would you spend your cash on a day wear / casual designer bag or u'd rather get a ultra glam dressy bag? Either a casual designer bag or ultra glam

:heart: your age range : 16-21 22-27 28-35 36-44 45-55 55+ 28-35

:heart: A little bit about youself, your interests, where you like hangin out, fav magazine...etc. I'm 33, married with 5 kids (none together and none planned) and 2 dogs, live in Iceland. I love to play poker, decorate/remodel houses/apartments, spend time with my family and favorite magazines are f.ex. Living etc., Bazaar and Bluff

8. thank you guys.. for takin out time..
    neone else out there plz take out 5 min for meee..xxx

9. :heart: do you prefer 'out-there' big luxury brands or individualistic small luxury brands..? individualistic

:heart: do you think is the most desirable bag? and what about it makes you think that way? right now, I am really enjoying my balenciagas and would like to have more. I like both the quality and appearance of the bags and that no one where I live knows what they are so that they can be a "secret indulgence"

:heart: what is the maximum you have splurged on a designer handbag? $1200

:heart: do you usually intend to make expensive designer purchases or you just end up buying something you hadnt planned to because "you just had to have it!" I do not make many expensive designer purchases, but when I do it is definitely that I see something that I want.

:heart: would you spend your cash on a day wear / casual designer bag or u'd rather get a ultra glam dressy bag? casual, I do not go too many places where an ultra glam dressy bag would be appropriate

36-44

I am a grad student in a crime policy program and one of the founding members of a canine rescue group. Other than shoes and handbags, the only other things that I spend money on are dogs and books.

10. :heart: do you prefer 'out-there' big luxury brands or individualistic small luxury brands..? small luxury brands

:heart: do you think is the most desirable bag? and what about it makes you think that way? For me, a large Bottega Veneta woven tote because the leather is so nice, workmanship superb, will never go out of style, and it would hold a lot (I like to carry a lot).

:heart: what is the maximum you have splurged on a designer handbag? $1880

:heart: do you usually intend to make expensive designer purchases or you just end up buying something you hadnt planned to because "you just had to have it!" I plan ahead

:heart: would you spend your cash on a day wear / casual designer bag or u'd rather get a ultra glam dressy bag? casual designer bag

:heart: your age range : 16-21 22-27 28-35 36-44 45-55 55+ 55+

:heart: A little bit about youself, your interests, where you like hangin out, fav magazine...etc. Homemaker/retired recently; 2 adult married sons, 1 grandson; love travel, reading, needlework, keeping up with my family and current events, community activities. No hangin' out except at home. Favorite mags--a weekly news magazine, Midwest Living, Southern Living, Lucky, sometimes buy People.

Gosh I sound boring!

11. :heart: do you prefer 'out-there' big luxury brands or individualistic small luxury brands..?
    I like both

Hermes Birkin or Kelly. It almost seems like the "ultimate" purse...one that every purse lover ultimately aspires to owning. Maybe it is because of the wait lists, price, and quality which makes it so desirable

$1600 CDN on a balenciaga

I usually intend to buy them

I would rather spend on a day wear/casual bag

22-27

My fave mags are Harper's Bazaar and Vogue. I am currently a student taking anthropology, but would love to go to school for fashion.

12. :heart: do you prefer 'out-there' big luxury brands or individualistic small luxury brands..?

I like whichever brand is producing the (handcrafted) designs I love, in beautiful materials, ideally without obvious logos.

One of them would probably be a (non exotic leather) Bottega Veneta, at the moment, as the designs are gorgeous, the logos are subtle and the quality and make are second to none. I also love Roberto Cavalli's Art Nouveau Print Satin Roll Clutch and Alexander McQueen's Mini Novak with Dragon Clasp (Please see below.). Derek Lam's bags are also lovely.

As I say, I love designer bags for their design and quality, not for their status, so the most desirable bag, for me, is always the most beautiful one.

£770 ($1,515) for this fish scale leather Mini Novak with Dragon Clasp:

[​IMG]

A bit of both. In the past I have made impulse purchases, thankfully, very few I've regretted; but my purchases are more considered now. The above bag was my first new bag in almost two years, as I decided that I had enough for a while and was spending my spare cash on other things. I saw it and I knew I liked it, but I decided to wait a while and make sure I really liked it before splashing out.

More often than not, I get seduced by the beautiful designs of clutches and evening bags, but as I also carry clutches during the day, I don't mind too much.

28 - 35

I run my own jewellery retail company, I love fashion and jewellery (fine and costume), watching TV, computor games, dancing, walking, shopping and going to riverside restaurants and bars. Oh and visiting tPF, of course!

My favourite magazines are Vogue and Elle. I also love Elle Decoration.

13. I love this forum..!
    thanks everyone.. keep the posts coming in...xxx
    Also, anyone with any questions for london based designers plz feel free to ask.. i'm not an expert but could possibly offer an insight into what's on in my town...

14. do you prefer 'out-there' big luxury brands or individualistic small luxury brands..?
    i prefer whichever bag i lay my eyes on, don't really care about the brands. i'm looking for the quality first

do you think is the most desirable bag? and what about it makes you think that way?
    balenciaga motorcycles line. because it's quality.
    it's expensive because of the quality, not juts because it's brand.

$2000

do you usually intend to make expensive designer purchases or you just end up buying something you hadnt planned to because "you just had to have it!"
    i always planned on an expensive purchases, although sometimes if it's a bargain, i tend to grab it right away.

would you spend your cash on a day wear / casual designer bag or u'd rather get a ultra glam dressy bag?
    more to day wear bag

22-27

A little bit about youself, your interests, where you like hangin out, fav magazine...etc.
    i love shopping, beach, reading, knitting.
    i like to hang out with my friends at coffee shop or just in a friend's house and have a chat rather than go to crowded place.
    i love W mag, glamour, teen vogue, V

15. do you prefer 'out-there' big luxury brands or individualistic small luxury brands..? Out of the two individualistic small luxury brands appeal to me more.

do you think is the most desirable bag? and what about it makes you think that way? A bag that's well made, has a nice idea, is one of a kind, has a vintage feel, preferably leather, a bit of sparkle, that to me is a desirable bag.

I have gotten some as presents, but never bought myself.

Yep.

Ultra glam dressy bag.

16-21

I like shopping, reading, watching Tv, pilates. Best magazine is British Vogue and I like to hang out at malls.