Help me please!

1. This is a desperate plea...I need to lose 25 whopping pounds - PRONTO. I finally got a wake up call when I realized I weighed 25 lbs less this same time last year. Any easy tips ladies? gents? Do fat burners work? Slimming teas? I know exercise and smart eating are non negotiable but are there any "boosters" in the market that can help me shed off my extra baggage? This is so emotionally damaging...:cry:

2. there is no faster way than to burn more calories than you take in. exercise. and make sure you get proper nutrition (ensure with high protein is good). eat at least one big meal (good stuff) a day and have small good-for-you snacks the rest of the day. thats what works for me anyway. if you lose alot of weight too quickly by fad dieting, you are just going to put it back on plus more when you go back to regular eating. lifestyle change is the key.

3. :sad: I truly know how it feels as I was on the same boat last year(I gained 30 pounds in a year).Sorry but there's NO quick solution.To me if I lose it too fast it'll come back fast and the super downside of losing it too fast is the flappy skin.
    Don't think about it too much and do the right thing ( as you said eat sensibly and workout ) the fat will just melt away before you know it.
    I lost mine (well still 5 pounds to go:sad: ) by just eating when i'm 'hungry' (3 meals and only fruits between meals) and walk my sons to school which is only 30 minutes.
    Just remember you want to keep fit forever......:heart:

4. there's really no quick fix out there that's healthy, you just have to do it the old fashioned way. if you're really committed to it, the 25 can go quite quickly. drink lots of water!

5. i agree with amanda. definitely no quick way. the traditional way of eating right , exercising and plenty of waters always proves to be the best way. good luck.

6. Exercise harder and longer, drink tons of water, eat frequent small meals, don't eat 3 hours before bedtime. This takes tons of discipline but when you see results you will stay determined.....also weigh yourself and measure yourself regularly so the extra weight does not creep back up.

7. Thanks to all of you for the great advice! You guys are right - no quick fix brings lasting results. So... i'm on day 3 of healthy eating. No more chips and rice. I love rice and I think that has got to be the most painful part of this:cry: I still need to work on the "exercise" part though:hrmm:

8. There's this book, the NEW YORK Diet.. by David Kirsch... lose 14 lbs in 14 days. You can look it up on amazon.. there was a lot of positive feedback on this. There's definitely no quick fix that'll last forever, but this is supposed to be for those times when you're going to an event and you wanna look your best.

9. Asian eat rice...and there are not many fat Asian out there.

Anyway, eat in moderation and exercise on a regular basic are very important.

Think of it as a life changing thing(can I not eat chips and rice for the rest of my life?) and give yourself at least a year to see results. Dropping weight is very easy...but not gaining it all back plus some more is very difficult.

Good luck and don't pay attention to the scale.

10. I think it is really hard the day you realize that you want to lose weight... because that day you want the weight gone ASAP. Unfortunately, that can't happen. It takes time. But set some goals for yourself- maybe 5 lbs in the first 2 weeks. See how that goes. You will feel better once some has come off which will motivate you to keep going.

Like the others said, eat well and often, work out, and try to stay away from junk foods!! You can do it!!!

11. - Consider refined sugar your enemy and eliminate white food (which turns into sugar) - eat only whole grain bead. lots of fruit in the A.M., veggies at night - good amount of protein, drink water and diet Snapple - the weight will fall off. Wishing you the best :heart:

12. Rice is not fattening, it's what you have with it (except fried rice which has tons of oil):yes:. You don't have to give up rice! We have it everyday, without it I'll feel hungry all the time ! Moderation,moderation....:heart:

13. I lost 35 lbs on the Carbohydrate Addicts diet. I didn't feel hungry at all as I didn't have to deprive myself of anything. (there is a separate post about this). I also did a lot of walking. I agree with the others that there is no quick fix - anything drastic only means the lbs can come back later and then some.

www.carbohydrateaddicts.com

One tip that REALLY helped along with the eating plan was how to weigh yourself. Weigh yourself every day at the same time (e.g. morning after peeing, lol) and take the average of each weigh-in at the end of the week. Our weight fluctuates all the time during the day, stress, periods, etc. So if you plot your average weight for the week that will give you a better idea of your progress instead of freaking out(like I had done) if I had gone up a lb or two on any particular day.

Best of luck!:heart: :heart: :heart:

14. white rice turns into sugar when it enters your system - If you are on a diet, it is best to avoid in my experience. I lost 40 pounds giving up sugar.

15. There's defintely no super quick way to lose 25lbs. What you can do is eat small portions of lean protein and lots of vegis for lunch and dinner. Don't eat after dinner-not even fruit. Drink lots and lots of water. Limit juice to 1 glass a day and defintely no soda. Walk briskly or if you can, jog 45 minutes a day. Good luck!