Help me - please - stain on new BBag

1. I am devastated, to say the least. I just got the bag about 3 weeks ago, and haven't put it down since.

My stomach hurts.:crybaby:
    Seriously - I'm so sick over this.

There's a small stain, about the size of a pea, on my BBag. It's on the back. I haven't seen it before this morning.

I honestly don't know what it is.

My biggest fear, even though I'm unable to see any signs of a stain on the inside pocket/lining, is that a small purse-size perfume leaked through the pocket - the lining - and then on to the leather. I can't imagine how it hasn't happened in 3 weeks of carrying it in there - but anything is possible.

If anyone knows of anything I can do to remedy this (and I have a feeling I know the answer) PLEASE let me know.

Thank you for your time and for your help.

2. It's cornflower blue -right?

Can you post pics??? Sorry.... the only suggestion I have as far as storing things like that would be to get a wristlet or makeup bag to keep those things seperate... I know that doesn't help your dilemma right now though... Good luck!!

3. So its probably 'oil' - don't try stain removers or leather cleaners - that'll just make it worse. some corn starch MIGHT help lighten it a bit. a pea size doesn't sound toooo awful. maybe the cornstarch will lighten it some. don't rub it - cause that will just make it worse.

Its still gorgeous I bet!

4. Yes, I learned my lesson. - keep all spillable things in a cosmetic bag. I bought that "freeze" lipstick in the wand type tube and IT LEAKS!!! Pens too - keep them in a separate container.

5. I know that the perfumes, lipsticks, and pens shouldn't be in the bag. Believe me, I know. It's certainly adding to my stomach ache.

I know that cornstarch or baby powder will absorb oil in clothing - I wasn't sure if it would/could work for leather. I guess I'll give it a try. Thanks.

6. Good luck!!! Let us know if it works!!

7. I have a strong feeling I know the answer, but I'm going to try and remain optimistic.

Taking it to someone who specializes in leather treatment probably wouldn't work, huh?

8. Hello...

From what I know, 2 possibilities:
    1) Is the bag new? If it is, it could be some glue that has oxidised upon being exposed to air. When the bag is new, it is transparent and after some time, it turns into a brownish patch that is more obvious on light leather.
    Nothing much you can do except to buff it a little.

2)If you are right that it is the perfume, there's really nothing much you can do about it as it has eaten into the leather. You can opt for a touch up or hope that the stain will eventually blend in with the rest of the bag.

9. I learned my lesson the hard way, too, Shamrock.

I agree that gently blotting with cornstarch (do not rub, just gently blot) might help. Two things may have happened. One is that the alcohol in the perfume may have lifted the leather dye, and then the oil in the perfume darkened the leather underneath. Oil will dissipate a little, through time. The alcohol has already come and gone, doing its damage.

It will look worse, at first, because the oil is still coming up from behind. When you blot, put some cloth behind the spot (on top of the lining) and push against it (you want the oil to go back the other way - not to the outside of your purse, while it sloowly does its osmosis thing).

Anyway, the oil will eventually blend itself in to some degree. Find a leather expert! But, in the meantime - a peasized spot is a smidgin, right?

I'm practicing with my Black City (everything is in containers - I have a separate Caramel Square Duffel for things that could spill out of their baglets) - and right now, I'm afraid to even put a pen inside it. I've got to get past that, right?

10. can someone elaborate on this? or post pics? I fear that this might have happened to my blue india. the leather has some wrinkles that are brownish color. I don't think it's dryness as I've moisturised it many times and it doesn't seem to go away.

11. gosh, i'm so sorry that happened to you :crybaby:...i know how it feels, because some anti-bacterial hand cleaner spilled into my brand new grenat work a few months ago & soaked right thru the leather :sad:...i was lucky though, because was alchohol-based & dried pretty fast & didn't leave a stain <<<hugs>>> :heart:

12. Please let us know how the cornstarch worked. I for one am emptying this stuff, you are right I know better too but I switch bags everyday and get lazy. I even bought handbag liners that you can pull in and out of a bag but they are sized for more smaller boxier bags and they don't fit everything in my collection. I always have pens and lipstick.

13. Hi Danae,

This was what the lady at the drycleaning shop told me when I pointed out a tiny brown stain in my griege Work. I initially thought that this was inherent in the leather...Will Pm you if I can get more info