Help me please!!! Doubts, doubts, doubts...

demoiselle

Sep 13, 2006
First of all, this forum is soooo great. I'm so new but I have learned so many things. Thanks so much!!

I haven't decided which bag I will buy. At the begining I was in doubt between First and City, but then I found the Box the perfect (between) size for me. I read so many threads here that now I'm thinking about the Twiggy as well. I have read some threads but I still have some doubts. Can you guys help me, please?

1. Which color gets permanent water stains?
2. The veins and the extra shine do go away with use?
3. Does the Box has corners? Is it too boxy? When you carry it on shoulder does it slouches over?
4. I heard something about the strap. What it is about?
5. Which one is bigger: Twiggy or First?
6. Can i use the First for everyday use?
7. FINALLY: WHICH ONE (FIRST, CITY, BOX OR TWIGGY) SHOULD I BUY?

Hi and welcome! :yahoo:

1. Which color gets permanent water stains? Not sure about this.

2. The veins and the extra shine do go away with use? A bit. Plus there are products (Lubriderm and Apple Garde) and techniques that help with this process if you're desperate to make them go away.

3. Does the Box has corners? Is it too boxy? When you carry it on shoulder does it slouches over? Kinda yeah, on all accounts IMO (it's adorable though).

4. I heard something about the strap. What it is about? Most styles have shoulder straps in addition to the handles.

5. Which one is bigger: Twiggy or First? Twiggy is much bigger.

6. Can i use the First for everyday use? Sure, if you're a wallet and keys kind of girl.

7. FINALLY: WHICH ONE (FIRST, CITY, BOX OR TWIGGY) SHOULD I BUY? City is my pick!!!! With Twiggy as runner-up. I do love the First but it's a tad small for me. I WILL have one eventually though.

I love the twiggy over all of them. I can fit my coach umbrella, long zip LV wallet, my over sized D&G sunglass case, my chanel eye glass case, my keys, my cell, lip gloss, and still have room left over.

I love the twiggy! If you liked the box, but wanted something bigger, the twiggy is probably perfect for you! I've never had a problem with water stains, but I think there have been girls on the PF with that issue. I love the box style too, it does have pretty prominent corners. I vote for the twiggy!

Yes, the City is bigger. I was kind of tied between City/Twiggy but City has inched up again only by a hair. I love the bigger pockets on TWiggy but somehow I'm finding it harder to find my stuff in that bag. I can't describe it but the contents seem to roll around or something. I hate the tiny pockets on the City though! :sad:

1. Which color gets permanent water stains?
not sure, almost all of my b-bags don't have permanent water stains like on LV's vachetta get.

2. The veins and the extra shine do go away with use?
i believe so

3. Does the Box has corners? Is it too boxy? When you carry it on shoulder does it slouches over?
i think box doesn't slouch as the twiggy got.

4. I heard something about the strap. What it is about?
hmmm... not sure

5. Which one is bigger: Twiggy or First?
def. twiggy!!

6. Can i use the First for everyday use?
well, my first can fits my lv PTI wallet, lv medium organizer, 2 cell phones, 1 pack of cigarettes and some other small things.

hmm... tricky question :P but i prefer city all the way :P

I love my City, and I decided that my First is too small for me (I was using it on weekends), I like the City and Purse styles the best. Dont have a Box or Twiggy yet....YET!

i think it depends on how much you carry daily... if you need to carry books or folders or a just a lot of stuff i'd say the city which i find the most practical... if you only need the basics the first will suit you fine... imo the first is the cutest style... i don't know about the box, and i'm not a huge fan of the twiggy, but it works for many many girls at the PF... hope this helps!

Yes, the City is bigger. I was kind of tied between City/Twiggy but City has inched up again only by a hair. I love the bigger pockets on TWiggy but somehow I'm finding it harder to find my stuff in that bag. I can't describe it but the contents seem to roll around or something. I hate the tiny pockets on the City though! :sad:[

i just saw glimmer's post and i totally agree, it's very hard to find stuff in the twiggy!! this is the main reason why my twiggy and i are not on very good terms... LoL ! also i dislike the way the top of the twiggy doesn't open completely like it does on the city and first... sorry for the double post!:shame:

City or Twiggy. I got a First and returned it. It is too small for me. I like to be able to put a lot of things in my bas and I have plenty of small bags if I need a small bag to take with me. The Twiggy is close in size and style to my Prada pushlock which is one of my favorite bags.
As far as staining, the light colors will get dirty. My mom loves light colored bags and has a lot of them. She uses the Apple conditioner then sprays them with the Apple guard spray and they stay clean and the Apple didn't turn them yellow. She ordered the lovinmybags products after I told her about seeing them talked about on this forum. I'm going to be borrowing these when she gets them. :yes: She and I both ruined white bags using the Coach leather products. It turned my Frankie yellow. I recently cleaned my *ready to toss* Frankie with the Apple cleaner and it looks great. A couple of ink stains, very small, but the Apple Guard cleaner took the old, yellow, Coach conditioner off and it is white again. :yahoo:

My first attempt at b-bags was a twiggy and I just really didn't care for the style personally. It just seemed too long and my stuff kept winding up in the bottom corners and it was difficult to find.

For the most part, I think if you go with darker colors you shouldn't have to worry about stains as much. Certainly don't let water sit on your bag! I got caught in the rain the other night and wiped my bag off as soon as I got inside. It was fine, no stains or anything.

I have the box and the city style. I really prefer the city because you don't have to zip it shut all the time. With the box, it does slouch some and hold almost as much as my city, but it doesn't look right if you leave it unzipped. With the city it seems fine to have it unzipped unless you are somewhere where you need to have it zipped for security.

I am waiting on a sky blue city and since its the first light colored bag I'll own I'm planning on spraying it with Wilson's leather protector really good before using it. I have had a lot of luck with that preventing stains on my LV bags!