Help me out with Eggplant vs. Violet?

1. Here's a picture of an 04 Eggplant (it probably belongs to one of you, I didn't keep track of where I got the picture):

Now - those of you who have seen violet, how does it compare? I adore this 04 Eggplant (more and more, as I seem to be obsessed with brown bags, the purple just calls out to me).

I need to see and hear more about the differences in the two colors. There are no other deep Bal purples, are there? I know Ink reads purple - but I want a really purple purple ( I think ).
  2. I wanna know this too:confused1:
  3. The Violet at the Bal Trunk Show was redder than Eggplant...a tPF member was actually smart enough to bring her Eggplant Twiggy with her for comparison.

There is a major difference between the two colors.
  4. ^^ good to know. Thanks!
  5. Damn eggplant is gorgeous!
  6. Eggplant is lovely. Violet will have more red and will seem more "ultra-violet" against Eggplant.
  7. :nuts: that's my bag!
  8. I know, Jag!! Have you seen Firstclass 's Eggplant Purse? Its :drool::love::nuts::tender::heart:!!
  9. Isn't the above eggplant photographing lighter than it looks IRL?
  10. :yes: Yes, I don't think I've seen a pic of eggplant that captures the depth of the color in IRL.
  11. I can't wait to see comparison pictures. I have an eggplant city and I am on the list for a violet but it doesn't guarantee that I'll get one. If I do, I'll be sure to take comparison photos if no one else does first :yes: