Help me out Lanvin lovers!

1. I bought this bag at Jeremy's in Berkeley, CA (which is well known for selling salvaged designer goodies). I've never owned a Lanvin, and the bag is in obvious need of fixing, but how could I resist, it was $10! If the Lanvin lovers out there could help me out by telling me which bag this is, I'd v.much appreciate it. Also, if anyone has any ideas about how I could fix it up, I'd be much obliged. As you can see in the pics below, it is navy corduroy, with a brown leather handle. It is missing the shoulder strap, Lanvin medallion, and the buckle has some serious issues. Otherwise though, it looks pretty good. I apologize for the pic quality, my camera is broken, so I had to use my phone.

The first pic shows: the Lanvin tag inside the bag, the buckle on the front, and the handle (from left to right).
    The second pic shows: the front of the bag, the back of the bag, and a bit of the interior lining (also from left to right).

TIA!
    Nikki

attachment-3.jpeg attachment-4.jpeg
  2. It looks like a Hero bag, one of Lanvin's signature handbags. Very cool, and great deal, congrats! :smile:

I don't know where you could get another medallion. As for the clasp I think you could try calling Lanvin and see if they'll do free repair, or take it to a shoe repair store and see if they can help.

3. Thanks, good idea! The rings to hook the shoulder strap up are still there, so hopefully it won't be too hard to replace it. The buckle will definitely be more difficult, and the medallion could be impossible. :cry: But if anyone has any ideas about that, I would love to know! How much does this bag generally retail for?

4. The leather Heros run about $1500 - $1700, so the corduroy would probably be a bit less. You might try calling Barneys and see if they could give you more info on the bag and possible repair ideas; they are one of the few shops that have been selling Lanvin for the last few years and probably have some SAs with good background info. Good luck - that's a great bag!

5. wowow!!! What a great buy, congrats! I would buy it too for $10 :smile: