Help Me Name This Oldies Hit!

1. You ever have a brain blurp where you have a song or person in your head but you just cannot conjur up a name? lol This is driving me MAD! I have this oldies song stuck in my head, I'm sure it was a #1 hit during its time, probably during the mid 60s. It had an organ played in the background at certain parts. I reaallly wanna download it or else I'll be humming it to myself all week. lol Normally I'd just google up the lyrics but I don't know any of them. lol Yeah. Sorry I'm not helping too much.

Anyone wanna try to help me out though? Know any song titles from the 60's with the organ playing?

It might be a synthesizer... :confused1:

2. God it could be quite a few I think. Any more clues? House of the rising sun?

3. It's not house of the rising sun. i actually listened to that song last night. lol I'm pretty sure it's an organ. It's a group and not a single person singing. i wish i could could up with some lyrics. If I could hum it to you I would. lol

Throw suggestions out there? I'll look them up and tell you if it's the one. First one to get it right wins a cookie! :yahoo:

4. Bump.

5. What kind of cookie?

Can you recall what the song was about?

6. I was going to guess "96 Tears" by Question Mark and the Mysterions but it's just one guy singing.

7. Blinded by the Light by Manfred Mann?

Or any number of Styxx songs.....

8. Jeez...a song from the 60's with an organ or synthesizer? Well that narrows it down to about 10000 ;)

I'm thinking you're gonna have to give us a bit more. Anything? Where did you hear it? Radio? Movie? Any lyrics at all?

9. female voice or male voice?

10. Could it be a Door's song?
    Jim Morrison?

Fretoes, Styx was late 70's through the 80's. You are really dating me!!
    See the thread on best looking rock star of the 80'S

11. In a Gadda da Vida by Iron Butterfly?

"In a gadda da vida, baby, don't you know that I love you? / In a gadda da vida, baby, don't you know that I'll always be true . . . . "

12. Now I'm going to date myself..... :p

Styx was formed in 1968 with their first hit and album released in 1972. The band members changed their name also in 1972 to Styx.

13. Or could it be Gary Allen's Runaway?

"I'm a-walkin' in the rain / Tears are fallin' and I feel the pain / Wishin' you were here by me / to end this misery . . . ."

(I'm 27 but I loved listening to Oldies.)

14. I love that song!

and..... I can't get 96 tears out of my head now!

15. Styx are 80's not 60s.. :yes: