help me make my big purchase! inlcudes pictures!

I love all your choices. You have great taste! I think any of these would be good. I know some of them (City Tote, RM Matinee) can be found on sale. So, maybe you can get lucky and pick up two great bags for under $600. :yes:

Can't wait to see what you get!

Hmmm.....here's my input:

Gryson: Their bags CAN be on the heavy side, I think the Alexa is a timeless design, but would suggest that you see one IRL before making a decision (or buy it w/a return policy). IMO, the Olivia is not timeless.

RM: does the Matinee have a shoulder strap? I think BOTH of her designs will stand the test of time AND they are very nicely made. Cannot go wrong with these bags.

Gustto: I love the leather on their bags, but think they are too trendy. You mentioned something that will stand the test ot time. These will not.

MbMJ: Timeless. Good choice.

Botkier: I like this bag, but think you may tire of this bag in the future. Love red, but if this is your first serious bag....I would go for another color.

AC: IMO, more of a "throw away" bag....the leather is thin and will not hold up after years and years of use. Don't waste your money since your objective is to get a quality, classic bag that will last for years and will never look dated.

Hope this helps. By the by....this is coming from someone in their 40's.....who's been looking at bags for YEARS!!!

On a side note.....a casual lifestyle is great....you have LOTS of flexibility! Carrying a quality handbag can really add to your look. You can have fun fun fun w/your wardrobe and change it over the years.....but having a classic (but not stuffy, of course) bag will always be a great staple! Better to have this option that a trendy bag, yes?

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks to all for the really great input and feedback. I really appreciate the extra details and tales of personal experiences, it's helped me a lot and I've learned some new things about these bags. My thanks and appreciation goes out to all.

Well, based on all the great feedback and advice I've received in this thread, I have finally narrowed it down to my top three (well, technically four, because I am so indecisive, but they're both Rebecca Minkoffs!)

So the next step is to wait patiently for a sale or code. My #1 choice is a bit of a longshot since it is about $300-$400 OVER my $600 limit, but if I can wait it out I may be able to get it on sale later (provided the grey doesn't sell out - and I fear it might because its so beautiful).

Anyway, I will be sure to post when I finally make my purchase! This also gives me time to think and decide which one I want the most. I want to make sure it is perfect! :heart:

P.S. Thanks for posting that Today's Bags site, Sunny99! That's really cool, and I hadn't heard/read about it.

Top row, left to right: Gryson Olivia, RM Matinee, Gryson Alexa Middle row: Gustto Large Setela, AC City Tote, Botkier Frankie Hobo Bottom row: RM Elisha, Marc by Marc Jacobs Dr. Q, Gustto Biagio

I have a few Gryson handbags and I love them all. I have the Olivia so I am pretty confident that if you get that one, you will be very pleased. I also have the Gustto Large Setela and I love it but they are made in China. I have two Rebecca Minkoff and eventhough I like them, I do not love them. I have the dream tote.

1. Gryson Alexa:heart:
2. RM Elisha
3. MbMJ Dr. Q

I don't know about the AC tote, aren't there a lot of quality control issues?

Ditto - my exact choices in this order as well!!!!
Think they will not only serve your needs: shoulder/hand held...but offer a timeless design.

My suggestion.....post a thread asking for others if they have seen the Grey Alexa on sale somewhere.....you never know!!!!
Good luck!

Last edited: