Help me find the PERFECT black bag...please!!

1. Hi all.
    I have joined this site as I really would love your help with my latest dilemma.....
    Up to now I have not been a massive bag person and it has been my sister that has purchased bags left, right and centre around me while I have been more into clothes and shoes. (Just to clarify I still love clothes and shoes :teehee:smile:

Anyway (sorry rambling on already..) my Husband bought me a LV Speedy after I had my second son and I am really loving it... I can fit a couple of nappies, wipes,baby drink etc in it as well as my purse so I do not have to lug a 'baby' bag around.

I had a moan the other day as I was wearing blacks and said that I really needed a black bag as well so that I could alternate (for now..I plan to have a lot more bags by the end of the year..)
    Hubbie said he will treat me to one for my birthday (limit £800) so now I am like a 4 year old in a sweet shop trying to find the perfect bag..

HELP....

I want a bag with handles and not a shoulder strap, I do not love the really stiff style bags (A McQueen Novak springs to mind) and would prefer a slouchy style.
    I would also like for the bag to last for quite a few years so do not want it to be 'out of season' very soon if you know what I mean.

So far the Balenciaga Motorcycle is the front runner but I am worried is it a little bit past it these days?
    I also really like the Botkier Black Rose Satchel but it is not THE ONE if you know what I mean..

I am also quite keen on the Chloe Edith but again I can't help but think there is a more perfect bag out there....

If any of you have any suggestions at all i'd be eternally gratefull.....

Electra. xx

P.S Sorry that i am a newbie and my first post is SOO long...

2. Hi welcome! I love the Edith! I haven't seen too many B-bags IRL but I don't think they are out of style yet at all! Oh the perfect black bag is a tough one! So many to choose from! I would have said a Kooba sienna in the smooth black leather, it is stunning and still classy but hip, but that is a shoulder bag. An LV speedy in black epi would be lovely and it is a useful bag but a little more structered. I think LV has quite a few nice Epi leather bags that are quite lovely but Epi is a stiffer leather. The Botkier Bianca looks gorgeous in black too. I don't know if the Gustto small baca comes in black (I have just seen the patent and the big one in black) but that is a great soft squishy leather bag and it looks good handheld (Halle Berry has one that looks great in pics, her's is the big baca). I am probably no help :smile: sorry, good luck on your search and again Welcome to TPF!

3. How about a black Chanel or Marc Jacobs? I feel they are pretty stylish and functional.

4. Oooh Kimmi thanks! I have fallen totally in love with the Kooba Sienna and I am off to see if I can look at one IRL this weekend..
    TO BE CONTINUED...
    XX

5. ^^That is a great bag! It always get compliments too btw!

6. Ok so I have now realised that the Kooba Sienna is near on IMPOSSIBLE to get hold of.
    I can't find anyone that sells it or has it in stock...

I am really keen on this Botkier - what do you think?? (also in the sale so that is always a bonus!!)

http://www.matchesfashion.com/catalogue/productdetail/matches_ss07_ladies_bags_botkier_03_b9_0006_bla_000

Is it as nice as a B-Bag??

Ms.P - Thanks - looked on coack website and that bag is really nice but I want one I can hand hold rather than a shoulder bag. x

7. I think the perfect bag that will last forever is the Chanel Cerf Tote! Comes with a detachable shoulder strap (that I never use) has three large compartments, a removable pouch (that I removed - LOL!) and 2 inside zip pockets ... it's the one on the left:

[​IMG]

8. although I DO love my Black Balenciaga City too! The leather on it is TDF!! ...
    (the Chanel IS more functional though, easier to find stuff in)

[​IMG]

9. The Botkier bag is very nice and their leather is gorgeous! Keep looking every so often for the black Sienna, I have seen them pop up every so often (I saw one Saks.com not too long ago). Oh, the Gustto "small" Baca does come in Black, I know it is a casual bag but it is lightweight, great leather and cool looking. Look at those pics with Halle Berry carrying her large one, the large is not overly large BTW, I am just short so it isn't good for me.

10. I was thinking this exact same bag! I have a baby and an older son and was thinking (or obsessing) about getting one myself.

11. I love the Balenciaga Motorcyle bag. I don't think that it will ever go out of style b/c they're just so cute. Another good one is a Gryson Olivia. The longer straps can be flipped around and become just decoration.

http://www.rarechic.com/product_view.php?id=132

Good luck!

12. the way you described your needs... first thing that came to my mind is Balenciaga.

13. Okay so the Bokier that I liked has sold out in black :sad:

But I do really like this Gryson Olivia.

Now I am a bit :shame: to ask this but heck I will anyway....I have never heard of this make before and I have just read that this lady used to design for MJ but still I didn't know the make...
    that said I don't know everything about bags so maybe i just hadn't heard of her when infact she is very well known...
    My question is 'am i a bad person for wanting a bag that people will spot and recognise as designer???'

x