Help me find a scent!!

Ooh I love perfume!
From what I see you seem to like scents that are a bit more on the clean side of things moreso than heady spicy scents or rich florals. So I would suggest looking at cleaner, fresher scents. A good idea is to go to a site like Basenotes and find out what the notes in the perfumes you do like are. Often times you'll find out that there are some similarities in those that you already like as certain notes just smell good on certain people. For instance I know that I love tuberose and amber so whenever I hear of a new perfume with tuberose or amber I seek it out.

Here are the notes in Tommy Girl to give you a head start.

Top Notes
Camellia Flowers, Apple Blossoms, Blackcurrant, Mandarin, Tangerine ,

Middle Notes
Grapefruit, Citrus Orchards, Crisp Green Notes, Honeysuckle, Butterfly Violets,

Base Notes
Desert Jasmin, Cherokee Rose, Magnolia Petals, Dakota Lilies, Cedar, Sandalwood, Wild Heather

When I smell Tommy Girl the first thing that hits me are the Apple Blossoms and the Mandarin. I feel its very clean and fruity at least in my opinion. Based on that I think you might like.

- Creed Spring Flower
- Estee Lauder Pure White Linen
- Marc Jacobs Cotton Splash
- Clean Clean
- Donna Karen Be Delicious
- Annick Goutal Eau De Ciel
- L'Artisan Mure et Musc
- Jo Malone French Lime Blossom

Like everyone else I agree that you should try on everything first but I would also say that you should go to a store with a comprehensive perfume department / sales people who are not just going to try and shove the latest scent on you. Its tempting to just hit any department store but sometimes I feel as though the people in certain places do not know much about the products they are selling / only wish to make commission and are not concerned with the needs of their customers. Try to go to either a store centered around perfume (not Sephora because Sephora's system of stocking eliminates alot of good perfumes) or a store with a dedicated staff.

Ooh I love perfume!
From what I see you seem to like scents that are a bit more on the clean side of things moreso than heady spicy scents or rich florals. So I would suggest looking at cleaner, fresher scents. A good idea is to go to a site like Basenotes and find out what the notes in the perfumes you do like are. Often times you'll find out that there are some similarities in those that you already like as certain notes just smell good on certain people. For instance I know that I love tuberose and amber so whenever I hear of a new perfume with tuberose or amber I seek it out.

Here are the notes in Tommy Girl to give you a head start.

Top Notes
Camellia Flowers, Apple Blossoms, Blackcurrant, Mandarin, Tangerine ,

Middle Notes
Grapefruit, Citrus Orchards, Crisp Green Notes, Honeysuckle, Butterfly Violets,

Base Notes
Desert Jasmin, Cherokee Rose, Magnolia Petals, Dakota Lilies, Cedar, Sandalwood, Wild Heather

When I smell Tommy Girl the first thing that hits me are the Apple Blossoms and the Mandarin. I feel its very clean and fruity at least in my opinion. Based on that I think you might like.

- Creed Spring Flower
- Estee Lauder Pure White Linen
- Marc Jacobs Cotton Splash
- Clean Clean
- Donna Karen Be Delicious
- Annick Goutal Eau De Ciel
- L'Artisan Mure et Musc
- Jo Malone French Lime Blossom

Like everyone else I agree that you should try on everything first but I would also say that you should go to a store with a comprehensive perfume department / sales people who are not just going to try and shove the latest scent on you. Its tempting to just hit any department store but sometimes I feel as though the people in certain places do not know much about the products they are selling / only wish to make commission and are not concerned with the needs of their customers. Try to go to either a store centered around perfume (not Sephora because Sephora's system of stocking eliminates alot of good perfumes) or a store with a dedicated staff.

Oh Luxx, awesome advice! :nuts: Thank you so much... I am checking out that website. Also, I'll go to an actual perfume store, because now I'm realizing you're right about dept store sale associates.. Thanks again! :love:

I would definitely advise trying on a few because perfume smells different on different people. I personally don't like flowery or citrus smells. I tend to wear Ghost in the summer time and Thierry Mugler's Angel in winter.
DKNY's Be Delicious and the new Red Delicious is nice as well-recommended by my sister.

actually i love :

Guerlain :L'instant de Guerlain .. i fall in love with it from the first sprinke

09e19666c3.bmp

Dior :Addict ( the dark blue one... i dont like the new addict in mauve color)
f9eb48e5a2.bmp

YSL :Cinema ... this is a strong perfume... but its a wonderfull one..

Nina Ricci: Premier Jour
e876f3a1f2.bmp

Nina Ricci : Love in Paris

b2d1e7a99f.bmp

ummm... that's wat i can remember now....

try them out.... :P

Like others have said, perfume will smell a little different on everyone. And sometimes your opinion of a scent will change after you've worn it awhile. That's happened to me so many times.

An oldie but a goodie: Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

I love perfume & am always trying new scents. But everytime I wear Chance by Chanel I get tons of compliments from guys & girls alike. Guys always seem to like when I wear Be Delicious by DKNY & a lot of girls like Miss Dior Cherie. Perfume is a very personal thing though. Different scents smell so different on different people. If I find one I really like I usually don't wear any, go try some on & see how it lasts throughout the day & how it smells on me.

Just a few suggestions from me, btw, I am floral-loving...

- Chanel Allure
- Thierry Mugler Angel
- Annick Goutal Grand Amour
- Creed Love in White

My favorite scent of all is 'China Rain' from Essence of Nature in Los Angeles. You can buy it in a 'Roll On' oil, a spray, and delicious lotion is available as well. It smells clean, light, and fresh on everyone.

I live in Michigan and I have to call Essence of Nature when my supply runs low, and I can tell you that my order is sent out to me immediately...it arrives within two days at the most after I've ordered.

I've seen 'China Rain' locally, but it's definitely not the same as the Essence of Nature scent.