Help me find a nice dress for a upscale dance?

1. Hey girls,

I have to go to a rather "nice-y" dance in two weeks, and have been searching for a dress to wear. I really like the bubble hem, but the issue is I'm a size 12-14. I know that you guys are always so helpful, so I figured I'd try my luck here! Any suggestions would be so appreciated! Thanks, girls!

2. What are your problem areas? What are your favorite areas to show off?

3. I don't have any specific suggestions, but I say go to a good department store (Bloomingdale's is my favorite for dresses), try on a ton, and I'm sure you'll find one you love. I think is so hard to see what a dress really looks like when it is on a hanger, or even a mannequin, and you definitely can't tell from website pics - I've had so many dresses that I hated on the hanger, but loved once I put them on. And if you're looking for a bubble hem, try Nicole Miller - she had some really cute ones a while ago. Good luck!:flowers:

4. Hmm, i think bubble hems are hard to pull off... i personally don't think they're very often flattering to the figure :shame: i think empire waist dresses look awesome - they flatter the shoulder and chest area, which is usually our best and thinnest areas, and hide some of our not-so-hot areas. Try ABS or BCBG...they may not have what you were originally looking for, but I have the following 2 dresses from them and they're supppeeerr flattering:

BCBG Max Azria Bead Jersey Knit Dress - - Nordstrom.com

Bluefly - Product Details - #2042782 - A.B.S. black crepe x-rhinsetone halter dress

5. I don't think bubble would work too well. Perhaps empire waist?

6. If you're looking for bubble dresses, Betsey Johnson had some great ones on sale last week when i stopped by. They are actually really flattering on me! :smile: