Help me find a good foundation!

1. I'm looking for a foundation that is yellow based, has light to medium coverage, a dewy finish, and is under $15. I was thinking about getting Maybelline's Pure Makeup in nude but I'm hesitant because I usually do not like Maybelline products. Also, I've been thinking about Cover Girl's Clean Makeup but the color selection doesn't seem to great. Any suggestions?
  2. not fond of foundations it makes ur face all cakey....i do like forever makeup their foundation doesnt look cakey like is pricey...38 a bottle....try bare minerals......or anything mineral....under $15 at rite aid/target...
  3. Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer is the best. Period!
  4. hey does it break out easily? whats the diff with foudation? im using giorgio armani...and i asked my makeup artist friend coz once i have a mind on buying LM tinted moisturizer...and she suggested that if you put on tinted moisturizer why not stick with foudnation they both needa cleanse off thoroughly....any clue?
  5. I Love the LM foundation stick, it's really light, not cakey and has spf, it's about $40 though.
  6. Benefit's "nonfiction" is a very nice foundation and it is $15.00 right now---I just checked their website. I use the lightest shade, volume 1, which is def. yellow-based. If you're looking for something you can pick up in a drugstore I recommend L'Oreal foundations.
  7. :yes::yes::yes:
  8. I have two suggestions:

Origins (I think around $14.00) Really great, comes in several finishes.

Neutrogena Healthy skin enhancer, around $9.00, very pretty light finish. I used to use neutral/tan , which is yellow based.

The very best yellow based foundations ever, are Giorgio Armani, but they are as expensive as can be!
  9. I think drugstore foudnations don't have a good selection of shades and the bases are always too orange or too pink. The only drugstore foundation I've liked is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer. It's pretty cheap and it's more like a tinted moisturiser but it does the job nicely. It has minimal coverage but it evens out skin tone nicely and the finish is dewy. But all the shades are pretty neautral.

But the foundations that I've tried that have the best yellow tones are expensive. I've tried tons of high end foundations (MAC, NARS, Chanel, Giorgio Armani...) but the best one so far is Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation. It's $40 but it's absolutely worth it. Has strong yellow tones, good coverage, dewy/natural finish, long lasting, and you don't need to use a lot for the whole face. I've had my bottle for more than three months and I've only used half the bottle and this is with everyday use.
  10. you may have to spend a little more for a foundation, esp. the ones that give that dewy finish. I currently use Stila, which is great for my combination skin. They have this set right now at Sephora for $30: has a tinted moisturizer with spf 15, concealer, shimmer liquid, and a brush!
  11. I wouldn't skimp on foundations. It is the base of your entire make-up routine. When we built a house, I saw how important the slab was. If that isn't good, the house would not work well. Everything is built off of that. If you can't cut corners, I would try the Maybelline whipped foundation? I think that's the name. I have heard good things about it. Try makeup alley. they review each product. They also have swaps. Good luck.
  12. I just got Cliniques tinted mosturizer and it is great, its $19.50 so kinda around $15. Get a sample at Macy's etc.
  13. I like Covergirl Aquasmooth, same formula as SK-II (without the expensive ingredient of course). It just smooths on like a cream, but gives powdery finish when dry. Have been using it for years. I use it when I don't have time for a full makeup.
  14. I agree. I would invest in a good foundation that protects the skin, give good coverage and not look cakey because it makes or breaks the entire face. Just like I would buy good lipstick. I would skimp on eye shadow, blusher and mascara. By Terry is a very good brand to look into. I used one of their reflective foundations which was brilliant, but I forget the name cos I subsequently moved on to Japanese brands. Ettusais has a great foundation named \"Flat Design\", which I\'ve used faithfully for a long time now.