Help me figure out flowers for my wedding!!!

I got married in summer, at Lake Tahoe...so I wanted to do things that would 'match' the Lake. It was outside on the beach so I decided I didn't want long dresses because they would drag in the sand...so I found the high-low hemline for both my dress and the maids'. Then I found the perfect color that matched the water...and I love sunflowers so good thing the yellow pops against the blue!

That was my train of thought, it was very random but based on practical ideas.

You are already on the right track since you are considering your maids' body types and such, and find a princessy look to go with your flowy gown. There are many styles that could compliment the dress you found.

As for flowers, what my friend decided to do was have us wear a dark color to match a sash on her dress, and she will carry the color in a bouquet while we will have white flowers...that match her dress. Does that make sense? That way we contrast and match at the same time.

It sounds like you really like the wine color...so stick with that and play with things that contrast or match. Eventually you will have an 'AHA!!!' moment and it will all come together.

amp_colorb_1.jpg

Another vote for this one. The color is so beautiful, I love it.

A few years ago, I used the most wonderful florist in Manhattan. The owner was creative, imaginative and LOVES a challenge. The florist is Castle & Pierpont. It's at 401 E 76th St (near 1st Ave) 212-570-1284. I used them for the centerpieces for my son's rehearsal dinner. I'm VERY picky about flowers and I was thrilled. At the very least, make an appointment and go see her - she's terrific!

b1034_primary.jpg

But does it go with me and my dress and the look I've now set?

032108_bouqgal_1l.jpg

istockphoto_926311_cala_lillies_flower_bouquet.jpg

Help!

not only u dont miss a wedding bone you are a wedding pro, i love your choices!:heart: especially those two bouquets, oozing beauty and class:drool: love the maids dress too but being an E/EE cup myself i know what one of your maids means...no spaghetti straps for us ! ;) the second choice with wider straps is gorgeous...wtg girl!

Have you considered going with a dark expresso color bridesmaid dress with these flowers? I think they would show up MUCH better against a slightly contrasting color than the same color. Remember - this is about "stage" presentation - not at all the same as you would do when it's just you at a party. JCrew bridal had some great dresses in that color this fall, and they come in a variety of styles. I was at a wedding in Chicago in early Nov - these were the bridesmaids and female children's attire - beautiful color, fabric and workmanship. By the way, I love your idea for the bridesmaids bouquets.

not only u dont miss a wedding bone you are a wedding pro, i love your choices!:heart: especially those two bouquets, oozing beauty and class:drool: love the maids dress too but being an E/EE cup myself i know what one of your maids means...no spaghetti straps for us ! ;) the second choice with wider straps is gorgeous...wtg girl!

Why thank you for the lovely works of encouragement! :nuts: *swoon*! Made my night :heart: :girlsigh:

Oh gosh! I LOVE the dress! And I LOVE the way you look in it! Does anything else matter? I love the wine-colored lilies too.

When I got married many moons ago I found a flower shop that was new in business and had never done a wedding before. I said "This is how much I want to spend." I think at the time it was only $300. Like I said it was long ago. I gave the lady a list of the stuff we needed. And I said "Go to it." I have no aesthetic sense. I have no sense of flowers. I like them all.

Well our flowers were absolutely gorgeous. They wanted to impress and do a terrific job on their first wedding and they certainly did.

So I recommend this method. Find a great florist, tell them how much you can spend, and tell them to create something beautiful. It's hard not to with flowers. They're all beautiful.

Again, love, love, love the dress!

^^^^ hahahaha thank you! :tender: The dress was a HUGE feat. I was never one of those girls who pictured her dream, white wedding in her head. I've been with my DF near 6 years, and I always assumed we'd elope. I have little family, and my mother's severely mentally ill - and so I never had that picture of the "perfect wedding" growing up. So when he proposed I was clueless - but his family stepped in (he's the last to be married of 3 boys) and I nominated his SIL as my maid of honor, and next thing you know it's wedding CHAOS and we're looking through a bajillion halls and ceremony sites and talking about cakes - it was awesome but OVERWHELMING! :hysteric: I wanted to put off dress shopping because it terrified me, lol. I'm not the bridezilla-type who looks at every dress and is like "nope, nope - too long, too small, too beaded - all wrong!!" - etc - they ALL looked nice to me, lol. I'm thin - so it wasn't like I was catering to a certain body type to fit my needs - I'm not curvy or busty - just tiny! Every dress I put on I thought was beautiful - we went to 4 shops that day (by appointment, all booked by MOH - starting at 9:45 am and ending at 6pm!!!) with my MOH and future SIL - and I swear every dress I put on (we tried on they approximate around 40 dresses) my MOH would say "oh my... this looks like the one" - she's post-baby, lmao :lol:. But regardless, I didn't feel that "thing" everyone says you should feel when you try on "the one" - so wouldn't you know it was the LAST dress I tried on, in the LAST store that I teared up and cried "THIS is the one!!" :yahoo:. I had no concept going into this whole ordeal of what I wanted - I tried on all types of gowns - all excessively crystaled or beaded with decor and lacey or frilly - this one was so plain, but so ELEGANT - so very, very me :love:. Not a single bead on the thing - and it was love at first site, the minute it was on me. On the rack it didn't look so special - but on me, it was perfect. And then we all cried and were like "this really is the one" lmao. :love:

I love your dress!

I think the colors you picked for a fall wedding are perfect! I also love colored calla lilies -- I did burnt orange ones for my wedding! My recommendation, though, would be to keep the wine colored ones for your bouquet only and then use similar colors for bridesmaids and table decorations. It will make them more special that way.

What about something like these, but with cranberry tones? Good luck and we can't wait to see what you choose!!

492185707_e8ab6cd549.jpg
241157815_7614a009e6.jpg

spaceball.gif

the wedding dress looks GREAT on you. You are going to be a beautiful bride. =)

As for the flowers, I had a October wedding (just past oct), and I used yellow callas with cymbidium orchicds, and it turned out great. Don't have to worry about yours being too springy. Great choice by the way, I like the one with the leaves. The color is also very elegant.

here's mine, for reference. HTH!

Attachments

• Bouquet.jpg
    Bouquet.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 35
  • n509608884_404603_5446.jpg
    n509608884_404603_5446.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 35
  • n893960472_1614023_4752.jpg
    n893960472_1614023_4752.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 88