help me! denim "stains" on white leather!

1. The horror! After wearing my new "new britt" medium hobo for only a handful of times, I've noticed that there is some dark denim "rub-off" on the white leather trim!

Does anyone have any tips on how to get rid of this? Or if this has already been talked about...where can I find it?

Thank you soooo much!
  2. Try using Mr.Clean's Magic Eraser (but gently)... less is more when rubbing. That usually cleans my white bag pretty well from color transfers.
  3. Take it to the gucci store and ask them if they have any suggestions or if maybe you can exchange. That is horrible, hope you can get it fixed.
  4. omgoshhhh that happened my purse as well. but it wouldnt come off :sad:
  5. try mr. clean...i'll try it too....hopefully it works on white leather. thanks for the tip lyn
  6. Just a word of caution: If you plan on using Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, be extra careful about how aggressively you clean the leather. Mr. Clean is not intended to be used on leather bags and tends to be quite abrasive at times. That being said, test a small area first and see what happens.
  7. I second the caution on mr. clean. It will rub off the top layer of the leather if you're not careful and will leave the leather dry. If you decide to try it make sure you have some leather conditioner on hand.
  8. Have you tried baby wipes?
  9. thanks for all the tips!
    i haven't tried the Mr.Clean nor baby wipes...I think I read on another thread, that for baby wipes, use the alcohol free ones, right?

I recall the SA from NM saying to use white art erasers to gently rub the area. I've tried that, and it's a little less noticeable...I'll try these other ideas next.

Note to self: only wear white bags with all white outfits from now on...ha ha