Help me decide on Satin Cabas!

1. OK gals (and guys!) I have the opportunity to purchase a regular size (not XL) black satin cabas. The problem? The bag will cost me about $2,500.00! This is seemingly a huge markup, but in some areas, this bag was priced at around $2,000.00. This bag is gorgeous, but I don't know if it will look good on me and I won't be able to return it if I don't like it. I'm just worried that this price is too insane to recoup if I decided the bag wasn't for me. And even if it is, is $2,500.00 too much? Your input please! :confused1:
  2. I would personally prefer leather over satin, since it's a bit easier to clean and IMO will probably hold up longer.

Satin is lovely and the satin cabas is definitely gorgeous, but it'll be something you'll have to constantly be worrying about. I haven't seen any pictures of the satin cabas other than one posted from the cover of a magazine (it was purple). I've never seen it IRL so I can't say how the quality is.

The price is a little steep for me to pay for satin, but if you like it, go for it!
  3. The satin is beautiful but I think you have to really take care of it, and not use it every day. I would personally go for the leather, but if you love the satin, go for it!
  4. I had purchased a black baby cabas before. I liked it, but I just wasn't crazy in love with it. It was the leather. I just don't like caviar leather. I know it's easy to care for and worry-free, but I just don't like the look of it. And I know the satin is completely impractical but... I don't know.
  5. The satin is TDF, the only thing I would worry would be if it snagged, and may be harder to clean if it stains.