Help me choose my first Selma please

rx4dsoul

chicken soup & bags!
O.G.
Apr 7, 2011
Blush, Cement, or Dark Dune ? These seem to be great neutrals and
I prefer silver HW but Gold HW is also fine...Ive narrowed down my color choices to these three but I havent seen them in person (and wont be seeing them in person until after sales) . Ive tried google and am still scrolling thru the Selma club but the colors never look the same from one photo to the other. This will also be my first MK as well . :smile:

Do you know what size Selma you want? Large has been discontinues & that size is difficult to find, especially in the colors you have listed. I carry the large & have one in DD. I don't believe DD came with silver hardware but Blush & Cement do. Mediums are still easy to come by in colors you like. Colors look so different from picture to picture. The flash, pixels & monitor settings will make a difference. The colors you've chosen are all excellent neutrals. I love my DD Selma & find the color a wonderful neutral for year round carry. I also have the N/S Hamilton in DD as well. Since I don't have any bags in the other 2 colors, I can't really comment on them. I'm sure some of the other MK ladies can chime in...I know many have bags in all three colors. Good luck with your choice. Once you do decide, please post us a picture of your first MK. I would love to see what your final choice will be. :smile:
You can also check out the color comparison thread for comparison pics of the colors you're interested in with other bags in those color palette families.

Hello @cdtracing ! Thank you for your comment. I want the medium size and have been snooping around ebay and the big dept store retail sites... the dept stores carry mostly new colors plus basic black and blue so it might have to be the 'bay...

Do you prefer champagne (blush), light whitish grey (cement) or greyish-brown taupe (dark dune)? Dark dune is the darkest shade of the three. Cement is the lightest. Blush is in between. Colors in your wardrobe should also help in making your decision.

Dark dune, then blush and I would skip cement and choose a more clear grey color like pearl grey. I feel cement is a watered out color, reminds me of taking a paintbrush with grey paint into a bowl of water. Sort of greyish white? Dark dune goes with anything, so I would definately start with that. Blush is a great spring/summer/eary fall color, so I would grab that next. Perhaps you should consider navy?

Reactions: Stephg
Dark dune, then blush and I would skip cement and choose a more clear grey color like pearl grey. I feel cement is a watered out color, reminds me of taking a paintbrush with grey paint into a bowl of water. Sort of greyish white? Dark dune goes with anything, so I would definately start with that. Blush is a great spring/summer/eary fall color, so I would grab that next. Perhaps you should consider navy?
Thank you for your insight...I might have to skip Cement then based on this description. I included it because it looked like a great neutral + silver HW!

Do you prefer champagne (blush), light whitish grey (cement) or greyish-brown taupe (dark dune)? Dark dune is the darkest shade of the three. Cement is the lightest. Blush is in between. Colors in your wardrobe should also help in making your decision.
I had initially listed these three in my mind as I wear mainly dark colors...lots of dark blue and black in my work wardrobe nowadays and I mostly have dark bags. :smile:

Dark dune seems to be the runaway winner...

Reactions: cdtracing
Sooo...my Dark Dune Medium-sized Selma arrived and it is beautiful. I am totally in love with it!
However around a few hours from carrying it I accidentally got some pen marks on the back of it. First I tried wipes, then soap and water, then alcohol, didnt budge the ink one bit...but the horrible marks all came off with Acetoned Nail Polish Remover with nary anything left and the leather doesnt seem to have sustained any damage at all - amazed me some more. :smile:

Sooo...my Dark Dune Medium-sized Selma arrived and it is beautiful. I am totally in love with it!
However around a few hours from carrying it I accidentally got some pen marks on the back of it. First I tried wipes, then soap and water, then alcohol, didnt budge the ink one bit...but the horrible marks all came off with Acetoned Nail Polish Remover with nary anything left and the leather doesnt seem to have sustained any damage at all - amazed me some more. :smile:
Great to hear you got the pen marks off your new bag. Those can be tough to get out. I'll keep the acetone nail polish trick in mind for the future.

Great to hear you got the pen marks off your new bag. Those can be tough to get out. I'll keep the acetone nail polish trick in mind for the future.
Thank you! The saffiano leather seems indestructible. The Selma seems to be very well-made and for now I see no problems with the bag at all.
I also have a Dusty Rose which I ordered just 2 days after I ordered the Dark Dune! (Yes ive been a bad girl!) Ill do a side by side once its here and should be soon.

Reactions: cdtracing