Help! Just bought a new top - what to wear with it?

1. Alright ladies and gents, I need some advice. Have you ever just seen an article of clothing and KNOWN it had to be yours? Well, that's what happened to me this weekend with this top. I saw it on the mannequin and had to have it. Problem is, I don't know what to wear it with!! And honestly, I don't know whether I should be wearing it in general.

I attached a pic, please forgive the wrinkles, I just pulled it out of the sack. And I would never wear it like this! I'm in my junky Levis and my hair is all pulled back for a bike ride. The top is silk and very flowy and hits at my low waist, as you can see. My first question is this: is it even flattering on me? As you can see, I'm not a skinny girl, and I'm really self conscious about my weight right now because I've put on about 20 pounds over the last 7 or 8 months. I'm just starting to work it off and trying to get back to my normal size (an 8) rather than my current size (a 12). Even though I love this shirt, I'm wary of flowy clothing right now because I don't want to look heavier than I am. So would you suggest I put away the top until I get thinner (really, I won't be offended)? Returning it isn't an option, I got it while out of town.

Ok, assuming that you maybe think I can pull it off, what would you wear with it? The first things that came to mind for me were dark rinse skinny jeans (not an option, I'm too big for skinnies) or a black pencil skirt (also not in good enough shape to wear that). Now I'm out of ideas! Any thoughts? You guys are the most fashionable bunch I've ever encountered, I trust your opinions!
  2. I should add that I don't think that women my size shouldn't wear skinnies or pencil skirts in general! I just carry most of my weight in my hips and backside, so they look really disproportionate on me right now. But plenty of size 12+ gals can rock that look.
  3. I think it would look good with black pants and red shoes
  4. I agree, black pants and a pair of cute red shoes would be great! Enjoy it!
  5. What about a nice A-line skirt (above knee if you are following trend and like to show legs, or long) with plenty of ruffles... it will go well with that.
  6. Black pants and black or red shoes would look good with it.
  7. Black pants would go really well with it. What store is your shirt from? It's really cute!
  8. Oooh, good suggestions! That could really work. I have black pants, and I'll start browsing around for cute red shoes.

The top is from Forth & Towne, it's much cuter in person and when ironed. The store is going out of business soon, I'm quite sad.