Help! Interview Handbag/Portfolio/Briefcase

1. I have interviews for medical school coming up (first invite came via e-mail today! :yahoo: ), and I need help picking out a handbag/portfolio/briefcase, hence the thread title. At first I thought I'd get a medium sized bag, big enough to stash a folder, wallet, extra pair of hose, and some other small items. But now I'm wondering if I should get a leather portfolio/padfolio and carry a smaller purse. I'm thinking no to the briefcase idea-seems a little too much for a prof. school interview. Ideas, anyone? Normally, cost wouldn't be much of a big deal, but this application process is starting to take a toll on my bank account. So less then $500 would be ideal, maybe hitting closer to the $200-$300 range. Something simple, but not dowdy. Preferably black. No bells and whistles. Pics, stores, websites, etc. would be super helpful.

(I probably already have a suitable bag somewhere, but this just seemed like a really, really good excuse to get another. So flood me with ideas.)
  2. I am a business owner and, as such, have to cart around a laptop and other essentials. I found a great bag (black, basic, professional, yet not too professional looking) at Wilson's Leather. (actually it was their outlet store so the price was great!) I love the bag and use it everyday. The padded laptop case is removable which makes it great for doubling as a small overnight bag or something like that.
    I think I paid about 50-75$ for it while it was originally about $200.
    Hope that helps!
  3. Monsac has some classic-looking totes under $500.

Monsac Handbags Alexandria Tote w/ Strap (Onyx) - Monsac Handbags
    Off Zappos - Monsac Alexandria $262-95 (thru' Friday)

Monsac Handbags: Windsor
    Windsor Grand Horizontal Tote $378

Monsac Handbags: Ascot
    Ascot Large Satchel $288

Monsac Handbags: Curry
    Curry Grand Pocket Tote $345

Monsac Handbags: Cairo
    Cairo Tote $298

Monsac Handbags: Kensington
    Kensington Large Satchel $318

Monsac Handbags: Mozambique
    Mozambique Convertible Satchel $445

Mozambique Large Dome Satchel $368
    Monsac Alexandria Tote pic 2 zappos.jpg
  4. What do you think of this Levenger?

On sale for $99-95

Buy SydneySlouch - Levenger Briefs & Bags - New Leather Briefcases & Totes Online

Sydney Slouch
    Price: $148 Now $99.95 Save $48.05

This leather tote can expand and shrink to hold large and small loads. The Sydney Slouch has four strong clasps that let you fasten and fold the corners to change the size of the tote. The bag opens wide so you can find everything, too, in about the time it takes to say g'day.
    Roomy main compartment for letter-size files
    3 interior zip pockets
    2 interior open pockets
    4 strong clasps that fold and fasten the corners
    Fold both corners down under for small loads
    1 corner down under for medium loads
    Both corners straight up for major loads
    Full-grain leather with a lightly pebbled texture
    Cotton twill lining
    10" handle drop length
    2½ pounds
    17½"W x 7½"D x 12½"H