HELP, I'm desperate! Calling all MAIL MERGE GURUs!

1. I don't know where else to turn to and there are no clear instructions from internet searching!:crybaby:

At work, I have a MONSTROUS mail merge to do and I have to individually save each letter with the title featuring it's reference number. The mail merge wizard seems to only allow you to save the whole load of letters in one file.

I have literally SEVEN HUNDRED letters to save :cursing: and it's going to take me forever to do it one by one!

Does anyone have ideas on an efficient way of doing this? (btw, we use Word 2003 at work.)
  2. You can do this, but you're going to need something a bit more advanced that Access. Are you familiar? How are these ref numbers set up? If the numbers are in a spreadsheet, just import that file into Access, then create a report and use the text from your Word letter for the report. Use the Ref number table as your record source, then you'd need to write some code behind the scenes (which I can help you with) to programmatically iterate through each ref number record and save each letter with the correct ref number.
  3. You have my sympathies.

It's been years since I've had to do a mail merge but I remember some very NOT FUN times!
  4. ^^Charles, I have an Excel spreadsheet that has all the mail merge data and the letter is in Word.

I have'nt used Access since I tried learning it at uni (6 years ago!)

The reference numbers are non-sequential but they are in the Excel spreadsheet.

Does that help?
  5. ^Thanks Leah411-I'm hating this mail merge so much!