Help! I think my new Bottega bag is peeling/dulling!

keegs18

Jun 2, 2015
Hi All,

I just purchased a green metallic Bottega Veneta mini pouch bag 4/5 days ago, used the bag once for a wedding and noticed that the strap has started to fade on the shoulder part of the bag. In the post its the left side that is more dull than the right and it continues like this for a rather large section of the bag strap (I would estimate 30 CM).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any help and advice is appreciated in helping resolve this issue.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-04-02 at 11.06.33 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-02 at 11.06.33 PM.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 123
Hi All,

I just purchased a green metallic Bottega Veneta mini pouch bag 4/5 days ago, used the bag once for a wedding and noticed that the strap has started to fade on the shoulder part of the bag. In the post its the left side that is more dull than the right and it continues like this for a rather large section of the bag strap (I would estimate 30 CM).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any help and advice is appreciated in helping resolve this issue.

I have a metallic BV but it's Cervo (2014). It's perfect and I've been using it full-on every Summer since new.

Sometimes metallic finish goes dull from condensation. I just got out a longterm stored, mirror-finish, metallic from Gucci and it was dull until I polished it. Now I'll leave it out for a while before I use it again. How have you been storing it since bought?

I have a metallic BV but it's Cervo (2014). It's perfect and I've been using it full-on every Summer since new.

Sometimes metallic finish goes dull from condensation. I just got out a longterm stored, mirror-finish, metallic from Gucci and it was dull until I polished it. Now I'll leave it out for a while before I use it again. How have you been storing it since bought?
Just in cool room (away from any direct sunlight). I spoke to customer service this week and my SA, I will need to take it back in but both were very helpful and supportive. I just hope the solution will be quick and straightforward. Its good to know you have been using your BV for a while too (I may have just been a bit unlucky with this one) but it hasnt put me off the brand at all.

• Insightful
Reactions: papertiger
Just in cool room (away from any direct sunlight). I spoke to customer service this week and my SA, I will need to take it back in but both were very helpful and supportive. I just hope the solution will be quick and straightforward. Its good to know you have been using your BV for a while too (I may have just been a bit unlucky with this one) but it hasnt put me off the brand at all.

Good, I hope it can be easily resolved for you.

What do you use to polish your bag? A microfiber cloth perhaps?