Help! I simply CANNOT decide...

Which bag should I get?

1. Marc Jacobs Stam

2. Balenciaga City

3. Chanel Jumbo

4. YSL Downtown

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. which bag I'm getting for my birthday! It's still a bit away (october 27th), but my Dad said he'd be buying me a brand new bag! And coming from him, this is extremely rare. So he's just waiting for me to tell him which one I want, and I can't decide. I change my mind literally EVERY day!

I know for a fact I want an iconic/it bag. I need your help! Do vote and give me prons and cons on every option. I like roomy bags on the bigger side; I will usually carry my phone, keys, wallet, makeup pouch, pack of cigs, work badge, and a water bottle. And I don't want any patent. I like real leather better! So here's my options, feel free to comment after voting. Thanks!

-Marc Jacobs Stam
    -Balenciaga City
    -Chanel Jumbo
    -YSL Downtown
  2. Out of your choices I prefer the YSL
  3. They are quite different in styles and prices. Among those four, I would choose Balenciaga City. I think it is more practical and can be carried in many occasions, like like Chanel Jumbo which is quite formal.
  4. Balenciaga! 2nd choice would be the Stam ;)
  5. i would go for the chanel jumbo..especially since chanel is always upping their prices. i also think it's the most classic out of your choices. good luck!
  6. I would go for the Balenciage...I just can't see putting a bottle of water into a structured bag like the Chanel! If you can leave the water out...I say go for the Chanel!
  7. Chanel all the way! And I agree with annemerrick about perhaps leaving the water bottle out?
  8. I voted for Chanel, because, well, it's Chanel!:tup:
  9. I'd have to go with the Chanel because no matter what, you honestly can't go wrong with a classic Chanel bag.

Stam: hip and chic, but so many people have it these days and 99% of them are replicas! I don't think you'd exactly be using it around in 20 years!
    Balenciaga: a real "it" bag at the moment, I got one myself, but for me, it's something I'd carry for "throwing around". I love it and all, but it's probably also not something that I'd be carrying in 20 years.
    And with Downtown.. I'm not a fan of it, so I don't really know! I love the Muse though..
  10. Chanel all the way. It's classic and you'll always be glad you have it. I like the stam and the city but they're not as classic. Not a huge fan of the downtown either.
  11. It sounds to me Balenciaga City would be better for what you want to use it for. Chanel jumbo is a wonderful, iconic bag, but certainly not one you can throw around and put a water bottle inside!
  12. ITA with everything you said!!! I like the other bags you chose, and I even own a Balenciaga city myself. Chanel really is the most classic though. If you don't mind a bag that won't fit a water bottle, definitely go for the Chanel! The re-sale value is the best of all four brands, and it's a true classic that won't be "out" by next fashion season.

Plus, once you go Chanel, you can never really go back to any other brand. Trust me, I know. :graucho:
  13. I voted for stam, I would get a metallic one! I think they are most unique, IMO!
  14. I would totally go for the Balenciaga's an IT bag with a touch of classic and is really cute and practical!!

Good luck and let us know what you choose!