Help!! I Am Looking For A Good Shampoo/conditioner For Dry Hair???

rocksteadybaby

LV Addict
O.G.
Jun 6, 2006
Okay I need help to find a good shampoo/conditioner for dry hair/coarse hair. I have wavy thick hair which can became dry/coarse and frizzy I want a shampoo that will make it look smooth and shinny taming the frizz. I have been using store store bought products but I think I need something more from a professional line. I have been using a straigtening iron to make my hair smooth so I need suggestions on some that will help me prevent the damage and moisturize it. Please let me know what you girls use...:wlae: Send me some ideas.

Another Pureology (hydrating) fan here! Also, Matrix makes a straight and sleek product in the orange packaging that is great! Good Luck. Also Neutrogena has a once a week conditioner that is superb, orange jar...

I'd say it depends on what you want to spend.

Some things that I've used (and I have coarse, dry curly hair):
Catwalk's Oatmeal and Honey Conditioner. Smells like breakfast. leaves hair feeling great. Has a lot of artificial chemicals (and parabens, if you're anti-parabens).

TIGI Moisture Maniac - lots of moisture but contains a lot of proteins, so not a good option if you're planning on cutting back on how often you wash your hair. if you wash at least 2-3 times a week, should be ok. Lots of parabens.

NeXXus (Humectress and Botanoil). Oddly enough, I tried it and hated it, but I've heard a lot of ladies rave about it.

What I'm using right now:
Catwalk Curls Rock Shampoo and Conditioner (another TIGI brand, man I sound like a Toni and Guy commercial). I like it a lot. Smells good. Leaves my hair feeling clean and not-as-tangly, without feeling like I've stripped every bit of remaining moisture out of my head.

I hear iKon also has great moisturizing shampoos and conditioners. Maybe I'll give them a try next.

I have thick coarse texured slightly wavy hair. For shampoo I really like Joico K-pak Reconstruct Shampoo & for conditioner I like Neutrogena triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner. For lighter conditioning I use HealthySexyHair Soy Milk Conditioner. Every second or third Shampoo I use Neutrogena Anti-residue to avoid buildup. Before styling I use Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Weightless Anti-frizz Serum.

You may want to try doing a deep conditioning for your hair every week. I used Kiehl's olive oil hair pak (leave it in your hair after shampooing for a few minutes and rinse) and it leaves my hair super soft! The best part is the hair pak comes in a big jar and only costs $20.