Help - How Old Is This Bag?

1. I have posted pics below of a vintage lizard bag that I bought on eBay. The seller said it was "stamped I approximately 30 years old."
    So that means it should be an I in a circle, right? For 1979.
    Any one see a circle? What do you see and how old do you think it is? Both ends of straps are shown.
    I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP, AS SELLER IS STONEWALLING.

[​IMG]

I DATE STAMP LIZARD KELLY 35 CREATURSDELUXE 013_1_1_1.jpg I DATE STAMP LIZARD KELLY 35 CREATURSDELUXE 024_1_1.jpg I DATE STAMP LIZARD KELLY 35 CREATURSDELUXE 009_1_1.jpg
  2. I'm not much of a help, but no I do not see a circle.... could it be that it is much older and just bares an I?

does it show somewhere made in Hermes ?

3. I'm sure it's an anthentic Hermes - from a reputable reseller. The date is the issue - and hence the price. Thanks for replying so quickly. It has all the Hermes stamps etc.

[​IMG]

KELLYS AND BOLIDES 007 SMALL20%.JPG
  4. It looks very pretty:smile: well there is not a circle... it's hard to tell there is some lining around the I, could it be that is is a T in stead? I dont' know how that looks never seen one. ?

5. THANKS KLOOSTERMAN - That's what it looks like to me, too. Maybe an I, maybe a T, but no circle. Please, anyone else - what do you see?

6. Please, guys, what letter do you see? More thumbnails in post # 1.

7. Have you taken possession? Are these pics from the seller? I don't know that much about the markings on vintage skin bags. Perhaps they are different. I would call a craftsman like Claude and ask. Looks like a T to me and I don't see any circle.

8. Without being an expert on H date stamps, it looks closer to a "T" -- I don't see the circle.

9. THANK YOU TOKYOGIRL, that's very helpful. I appreciate your input. :tup:

10. yes I would vote for the letter (capital) T too, which would make it 1964?

11. Thanks gk - I took possession about 10 days ago. The pics were taken by me. The reseller did not post pics of the stamp. He/she said in description "stamp I, approximately 30 years old." An I in a circle would be 1979. The seller was relying on the standard system apparently, as he/she said "app 30 years."
    So far, it seems to be a T.
    Who is claude and how do I get in touch with him? TIA.

12. Yes, T would be 1964. 15 years older than 1979. There is nothing in the reference library thread on date stamps that suggests lizard or croc or ostrich are marked differently. Definitely need an expert. Thanks, hkloosterman. :tup:

13. it is a T and that would make it much older but the bag is absolutely gorgeous and I hope you get some money back.

14. I will be getting all of my money back. I paid by credit card, and will do a charge back if he/she doesn't voluntarily void the transaction. That just happen to be a particularly good picture of the dang beast. I did learn from all of this that I love the kelly 35 size. Thanks much for your input, Loren.

15. The bag doesn't look as good IRL? that's too bad.... I hope the seller will be courteous.