Help! Got home from NM with two dif. sized Gucci shoes in the box!

1. I don't know what to do right now! I went to NM today and bought a pair of Gucci loafers at their presale. I grabbed the size 7 off the rack and tried it on, it fit like a glove. I asked the SA for the other shoe and he brought it out. It felt really big but my left foot is a half size smaller than my right so I attributed it to that. I even told the SA that I thought they felt abnormally large. He gave me some inserts and told me it should help.

I made a few other purchases and brought them back for the SA to ring up so he'd get commission (I'm thoughtful :idea:).

Fast forward to now. After the two hour drive home I get home to put my new shoes on and one's an 8 and one's a 7! I had asked him for 7s but the box says 8 on it! I called NM customer service and they told me I'd have to take it up with the store.

I should add that the SA let me take them home because I live far away. I don't know when the NM pre-sale ends and you're 'allowed' to take them home. Does anyone else?

Has this ever happened to anyone else? TIA!
  2. awww sorry that happened! i think you might have to go back to the store to get the other one exchanged though!
  3. Do you think I might be able to do it by mail? I always buy through NM and they let me return something through mail before. But I bought it online... maybe the same rules don't apply.
  4. maybe you can try calling the store and ask? im almost sure you have to go back to make a return
  5. I tried but by the time I got home the store was closed. GRRRRR... I will go back if I have to I absolutely ADORE these shoes!

I forgot to add the SA left abruptly while I was in the dressing room. When I came out another SA met me and let me know that my SA's partner had been rushed to the hospital with complications from an open heart surgery he had early last week. The new SA made sure he still got the commission which I thought was really sweet. She was shaking too as she rung up my order! I spent almost all afternoon running around the store bringing clothes back to him. I think that he was so worried about his SO that he wasn't paying attention when he got the shoebox from the back. I felt so bad for him I was going to call tomorrow and express my sympathies and thank him for helping me all day. So I guess I'll be calling anyway lol!

6. Does anyone know the English name of these? I can't read Italian and all it says on the box is "moca pelle s cuoio spice."

I'm trying to figure out if there's a secret way to search for it on NM's website. The CS guy said that if I could find it on the site that I could return the 8 for a 7 through the mail to the main office.
  7. those shoes are cute!

8. oh no!!!!:sad: that's terrible, the SA should have recheck the shoe before ringing it up, i always make sure that i recheck both shoe to make sure that they are in same size, coz sometimes some people do mix match the shoes coz of the size difference of their feet. and thats not fair:cursing:
  9. Yeah, it would be nice to be able to buy shoes individually for those of us with differently sized feet! But in my case the 7 was the shoe I grabbed from the rack and tried on and fit. I asked for the left one and unbeknownst to me he brought out an 8. The shoebox says 8 on it even though I have the right shoe in a 7 which is the correct size. Too bad it wasn't a mixup in the opposite direction, then I would have kept the size 6 left since it would fit perfectly lol.

So I don't believe this was a situation where a customer switched sizes. I think the SA was distracted by his personal issues and just grabbed the wrong box. I had been trying on Chanel flats and was an 8 in those so I think he got confused. I was so busy shopping that I didn't even think to check, I just assumed that he a brought the right size!

This is a mistake I will never make again! I will always check my shoes before buying them, ESPECIALLY when they're designers.

I wish you had been my SA lol!
  10. Just an update, I called the store today and they are holding the other size 7 shoe for me. They're also paying to have the 8 shipped back! Oh how I love NM!