HELP: Giant Hardware tarnishing!

I've had some chipping on my gold giant hardware, so you can see the silver underneath, it's really annoying. I think it comes from beeing knocked against the floor as it fell from the table though, not tarnishing.

I've had some chipping on my gold giant hardware, so you can see the silver underneath, it's really annoying. I think it comes from beeing knocked against the floor as it fell from the table though, not tarnishing.

oh giant hardware is that fragile? i wonder if the same thing happens to Silver giant hardware ? the silverware seems coated with a shiny silver layer.
i am curious to know what's underneath.
Will the giant hardwares last as long as the RH one.
As powderpuff said, they are much more expensive than the RH and if they are more fragile, that'll be too bad.
I fell in love with an EB silver giant hardware part-time which is sold 1235 euros in paris VS the RH part time which was sold 985 euros last year. the gap between the two prices is quite big.

Has anyone been able to find out what exactly the GGH and the GSH is made out of? My primary concern is for the GGH, but has anyone experienced any chipping, peeling, or tarnishing? I've had my wallet (Money GGH) for over 6 months now, and it has no sign of any of these, despite being Apple Guarded, leather and hardware and all, and having gotten wet. Also heavy use and it being in the bottom of my bag all the time. I just don't want my bag to experience any issues and if it's possible to prevent it at all, I want to! :crybaby:

I know that some TPFer's have experienced tarnishing/issues with the GH, but I would love to hear a little further discussion on it, too. I have actually been afraid to use Apple Guarde on my GH bags for fear of tarnishing, so I am very glad to hear to you have had a good experience with it. I also think it's a very good sign that yours is a wallet - and therefore rubbing against your bag all the time - and you still haven't had any problems.

i'll throw in my 2 cents here, because this has been my concern from the beginning as well....i don't know if the GGH will tarnish, but when i apple-guard-sprayed my GGH PT when i got it, the hardware was less shiny and became more dull....it was a noticeable difference to me...