Help!! Funny Smell in My Bag!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just got a beautiful pre-loved Green Epi Soufflot:love: from a mypoupette seller in Japan. The bag has a few marks...to be expected, but I think it adds to its character. It's circa 1996. Special thanks to LVBabydoll for authenticating for me! Green is my favorite color and I sold my Green Epi Speedy 25 because the opening was too restricting but this is perfect!

I'm also have a Cannelle Soufflot on the way (should be here today or Monday) so I'm going to post pics of them together. This soufflot is a perfect everyday shape. Not too big, but big enough. Can be handheld but fits on my shoulder (I did the cross one strap over the other) really comfortably. I think I need to add some more soufflots to my list for 08....like Mandarin or Blue or Black. Or maybe the Damier Papillon 30 also. Ok, I rambling...sorry I'm excited!

Anyway, the inside is great...no stains or marks. But there is a really weird smell. I don't know what it is but I know I don't like it and don't want my stuff smelling like that. What can I do to get the smell out? Can I use Febreeze or will that damage the lining? What about dryer sheets? Suggestions would be much appreciated....and hurry! I can't wait to start carrying her! :yahoo:

2. Sorry I just found the thread on smells in the FAQ section. Mods you can close!

3. throw a dryer sheet in there while storing. it works magic.

4. Yep, leave a dryer sheet in it or carefully place a box of baking soda in it. I did this once and it worked great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.