Help finding a similar necklace.

1. I have been looking for a month for something similar to this necklace from Bergdorf's but trying to find it at an affordable price. JCrew has something similar but it's not quite what I am looking for. Any help would be appreciated. :yes:

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/products/mp/BGY6358_mp.jpg

2. Hi, good luck in finding that necklace. Do you have a link to that J Crew necklace? Thanks.

Just curious - have you bought any jewelry by independent designers? For the past few weeks, I've been looking online at their creations and am blown away by their awesome work.

3. rubylane citrine andperiodt faceted teardrop briolettes.jpg
  4. Is there silver discs hanging from that or is it gems? Hard to tell. If is is silver discs Lia Sophia has something similar for $58.00, I just got one in gold, haven't recieved it yet. They have a lifetime warranty.

http://corporate.liasophia.com/jewelry.html

SP06_38a.jpg

5. Thank you Passerby and luvmybags. Here is the JCrew link
    jcrew.com If this isn't the necklace, it's under accessories. I am looking for a gold chain with tiny gold discs and not as many per inch as the JCrew necklace. Passerby, I looked at most of your links in the affordable jewelry thread. Thanks for posting all that info.

6. You are definately heading in the right direction. That is very pretty. :yes: I am wearing a black halter dress and I wanted the gold chain with all gold discs. Thanks so much for looking for me. :smile:

7. I wonder if you contacted The maker of that last necklace, if she could make it for you. It never hurts to ask, and her prices seem really reasonable. :o)

8. You're welcome :biggrin: As you are probably aware, there are a few jewelry designers here, they will be able to make helpful suggestions (or hopefully even custom-make it for you, if there's time? :biggrin: ) When do you need to find the necklace?

9. My wedding is in the beginning of August.

10. Viv and Ingrid.jpg
  11. That's pretty. I will have to check out her website. I don't know what the difference is between gold filled and gold vermeil.

12. I'm sure Japster, sea4e, CentoCreations and APrettyRock (the jewelry designers) will be able to help you. :biggrin:

13. I don't work in gold, just silver. I would suggest those designers that have similar work to what you want and ask them to do a custom piece. I'm just a beginner but what you are looking for doesn't look to hard.

Japster probably can tell you more about the difference between gold filled and gold vermeil but here are some definitions

Gold Filled:
    Jewelry or other item with a sheet of gold applied to its surface. Newer items contain markings that indicate how much and what type of gold was used in the layer. Example: a marking of 1/20 12K G.F. means that the piece is at least 1/20th 12K gold by weight.

Gold vermeil:
    A product that is made from a base of sterling silver that is coated or plated on its surfaces with gold of at least 10K finess and at least 2.5 microns thick (100/1,000,000 inch).
    The term vermeil cannot be used if the sterling is covered with a base metal before being coated with gold unless the presence of the base metal is disclosed.
    Good luck!

14. Thanks so much for the explanation Lilie.