Help - does gold clash with silver?

1. Help! All of my jewelry/watches are silver toned. Would a black bag with gold hardware totally clash with my jewelry? I want a GST soooo badly and I finally found one but it's black with gold hardware.

Should I get it or wait until I find one with silver hardare (which will probably not be anytime soon)?? :shrugs:
  2. nope, i don't think so, as long as you wear it with confidence, you're fine.
    all my jewellery are mostly silver, my engagement ring is platinum (which i never take off). and i have a blk flap w/ gold HW, and i wear it and don't think they clash at all.
  3. I don't think it clashes. Get it!
  4. In the 80s and 90s, I think the style was more matchy-matchy; in other words, I always made sure that the metal on my jewelry, handbag, belts, etc., was the same.

Now its cooler and more modern to mix it up. I've broken myself of the matchy-matchy thing! :nuts:
  5. I used to be conscious of matching, but now with all my bags having different kinds of hardware, I just run with it, whatever I am feeling at the moment.
  6. I match my bags with the jewelry, I guess I'm still in the 80's just fatter:nuts:
  7. I agree with Zippie. I know it may be a little old-school, but I match my hardware with my jewelry too, which is mostly silver. :smile:
  8. I don't think it matters much personally. I like the color or type of bag to go with what I'm wearing regardless of hardware. You could always wear a watch with gold and silver to bring silver and gold together, otherwise just rock the gold hardware GST... people will drool over the bag, not whether your hardware coordinates. :smile:

9. I match all my jewelry and hardware. Couldn't not. You should know yourself well enought o know if you will be happy or unhappy with mismatched metal tones.
  10. I Still match.....It irritates ME..but if your comfortable with that, than just do it the way you like it!
  11. You could pull it off tbh :smile:
  12. I heard that they are taking pre-orders for the black GST with silver hardware at Neiman Marcus stores. I would look into that.

Personally, I usually don't care. I like both gold and silver, and I think sometimes, it looks cute together. However, I have had times when I wish all my hardware + jewelry would match. It's probably just the OCD side of me! :biggrin:
  13. I mix metals all the time!