Help! Do your B Bags' strap cracking & falling apart like mine?

dollgirl

Jun 11, 2007
Report further progress of my B bag Ocean City's cracking strap. I brought it back to the Holt today. They originally had another Ocean City in the shop. But unluckly they just shipped it out to other store yesterday! I ended up refunding the bag as store credit.

The Sales Assistants' attitude is not very pleasant. One SA said it's just wax falling off. Another SA said it happened very often in Prada, LV, Balenciage (like cracking or leather broken problem) due to the dry weather of Canada.

I am wondering, dear girls, your Balenciage bags' strap edge would be cracking and falling apart several pieces like mine(like photos)? I deem it's definitely quality problem. It looks like not only wax falling off, but unfinished sealing.

Do you girls come cross such problem with your B bags before? Pls, help me! I am so confused and scared now(I don't know I should still trust B bag's quality or I should just take off this brand from my shopping list). I just never expect 1500$ purse would be in such quality. It's just UNIQUE case or common to your purses as well?

Attachments

• DSC05330.jpg
    DSC05330.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 324
  • DSC05332.jpg
    DSC05332.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 276
  • DSC05341.jpg
    DSC05341.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC05324.jpg
    DSC05324.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC05320.jpg
    DSC05320.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 359
Hi Dollgirl: It has happened to me, but more minimal... I know it does happen to LV over time.. but they offer a repair service where they can just recoat the cracked area. As far as BBags though.. I'm a fairly new owner of a couple months to my bBags.. and the coating has started to crack in some areas. To be honest, I think its normal to a certain degree.. :confused1: I'm interestsed to see what others say.. :yes:

I only have 2 balenciaga bags (F/W 2005 First and 2006 Mirror) and I haven't had any problems w/ them YET.

I originally found this forum searching for a style of balenciaga and after reading all these problems w/ Balenciaga purses, I'm really reconsidering getting more of these bags. I just never thought that I had to massage and lotion up my purses. It's too bad b/c they have such cute designs and lovely colors. I just hate to spend big bucks on purses w/ such poor quality.

dollgirl - I feel your pain. Anyone else feel like giving up on Balenciaga?

I feel the same way as you wantmore. It really ruins the whole experience of getting a new expensive bag when you discover quality control problems or defects a few weeks or months into using it. I honestly don't plan on getting anymore b bags for the time being. It seems like many of the people who rave about Balenciagas are those who purchased them around 2005 or earlier when the leather and quality control problems seemed to be a non-issue.

I feel the same way as you wantmore. It really ruins the whole experience of getting a new expensive bag when you discover quality control problems or defects a few weeks or months into using it. I honestly don't plan on getting anymore b bags for the time being. It seems like many of the people who rave about Balenciagas are those who purchased them around 2005 or earlier when the leather and quality control problems seemed to be a non-issue.

I was just about to say that I haven't seen straps like that...but my bags are mostly from 05. The one new one I have is a Day which hasn't got the thin strap.

My feeling is that strap is unusually flawed and WAY beyond normal run of the mill minor defect. It is definitely something that shouldn't have been sold. It is a good thing that it went back. Very disappointing for Balenciaga not to have caught it. I am hoping that this poor strap is an aberration! :tdown:

my strap is fine but i notice on the handles of my city which i have only had 3 months is doing that...i went and looked at brand new bags at the store and almost all of them had it as well! I cant believe such an expensive purse would do this. I also have an inspired bag bbag that i bought b4 i thought i could afford a real one and i hate to say it but that bag seems to be better quality and hold up better then my 1200 balenciaga bag..

However, i just sent my bbag in into bbal to fix bc the stitching was coming undone and was told they would be able to add more of the wax or what not. Hopefully they will do it and it will be wonderful

my strap is fine but i notice on the handles of my city which i have only had 3 months is doing that...i went and looked at brand new bags at the store and almost all of them had it as well! I cant believe such an expensive purse would do this. I also have an inspired bag bbag that i bought b4 i thought i could afford a real one and i hate to say it but that bag seems to be better quality and hold up better then my 1200 balenciaga bag..

However, i just sent my bbag in into bbal to fix bc the stitching was coming undone and was told they would be able to add more of the wax or what not. Hopefully they will do it and it will be wonderful

By "bbal" do you mean Balenciaga NY? If so, I hope they do a better job with your repair than they did with mine. I couldn't believe how sloppily they applied the sealant...they even dripped some on my bag and left a permanent stain. Also, I can still see cracks and it looks like it will deteriorate again pretty quickly. I just can't believe how little pride they take in their work, and I'm wondering if it's just the SAs in the store who do it in their spare time ???

:cursing: