Help! Deciding on 1st Chanel Bag

1. I need your help deciding on my first Chanel bag. I know that I like the black caviar and the silver hardware but should I go with the classic flap (in which case should it be the medium or the large) or I think it's the GST that looks more like a shopper to me with the interlocking Cs on the side and the chain handles.

I have several LVs inc. the Alma and the Murakami Cherry Blossom but fancy a change. Any advice would be appreciated. I was talking to the SA at the Topanga Nordstrom's and she said both were classics & I should buy before the Nov 1st increase.

2. Both the flap and the GST are great bags. But if you decide to go for a flap you need to know that the medium and large doesn't fit near as much as the GST. Perhaps a Jumbo would be better?
    The best thing you can do is go to the store and try them on. Thats the only way to really know what is best for you.
  3. I agree that the best advice I can give you is to go to a boutique and try on the various purses and sizes. I just got the GST (the tote) and a jumbo flap. The GST is more casual because it is a tote and it holds alot. The jumbo flap is more casual because of its size, but it holds alot more than the medium flap and it is dressier than the GST. Both would be great choices, but I would probably encourage you to look at the flaps as they are so classy and can be dressed up and down.
  4. Ooh I'm jealous that you got both, that would definitely solve my problem but budget only stretches to one right now. Thanks for your help
  5. I also recommed trying them on. For me, the GST is not comfortable at all b/c the outside strap slips off my arm so I will never buy one. On the other hand, I LOVE the jumbo flap! But it's all a personal preference.