Help-- choosing my first Balenciaga!

1. Hello fellow pf-ers. I'm new to the site and I need a little help. I have a small collection of designer handbags-- a chloe paddington in dark grey and a goyard st. louis tote in white. i'd like to add a Balenciaga bag (or two) to my collection and i need some help deciding. i saw the Day in person at Barneys in gray a few months ago, but they sold out. so now i'm thinking of waiting until spring to get this in the toffee (limestone) color. but i also like it black. i'm really torn. i also like all the blue from the spring 2007 line -- blue glacier, aquamarine and cobalt:

atelier.naff: Seafoam! (ish) ...SS07 color swatches

but i think they would be overwhelming in the Day. maybe in the city?

So what do you all think-

Day - toffee (limestone) from Sp '06 or black?
    City - one of the blues or black?

Since you guys are all experts, I'm sure you can help me.

Thanks!

2. i think every girl needs a city :p
    so, i would said seafoam city, the color is so unique... but if you're looking for a classic color, go for cafe, i liked it more than black. it's dark but still had tones of color :smile:

good luck! :p

3. i would preorder the blueglacier city. THe day is a bit big (and the city is too big for me).

I would love a black bbag but its not on the top of my list, with such unique colors, I have a hard time justifying the money in black. when i have so many black bags.

I think the blue glacier is a beatiful color, but mellow enough to match almost everything!

4. I really like the bleu glacier and think it would be great in the city, a café or argile day sounds perfect to me.

5. I'm still confused about the blue glacier? In some photos it looks light blue/grey, and in others darker. Has anyone seen a swatch in person?

I'm also about to buy my first b bag. I'm interested in why everyone prefers the city to the first. The city looks quite large on me :shrugs:

6. I just bought my first Balenciaga and it's a truffe city and I absolutely love it! The size is just right for everyday use - wallet, diary, phone, make up, books AND a pair of heels! Large bags are incredibly hot right now and I'm on the petite side of 5'4" :shame: - the City looks just perfect!
    Best of luck Bag-Hunting! ;)

7. I just bought my first bbag--a rouge vif city.

The city is a great, versatile size--not too big at all, even though I'm only 5-2. And, I would advise getting something other than black. Bbags come in such amazing colors that it seems a shame to get basic black!

8. I just bought my first b-bag, a Marron First.

I debated between the First and the City. I really wanted a bag more for going out at night than for day, so I went with the First. It's plenty big for wallet, keys, phone, lip gloss, etc.

My second bag, however, will be a City (Blueberry or Ink) and will be more for day -- so for that I want enough room for all of the above plus a book, small umbrella, ipod, etc.

My third bag (I'm looking ahead!) will be either another First or a Twiggy in 05 Dark Olive.

Both the question of color and size really have to do with what you want to use the bag for. But here's the real question...how many people here have just one bag? If you accept that you're eventually going to be a multi-bag owner, then choose something you really like for the first one, no matter what it is, and then you can fine-tune your collection later.

9. ^Great advice, highglossfinish. :flowers:
    I just wanted to add that since black is a color that comes out every year, you can always save that for later on. My vote goes to the bleu glacier and toffee cities. (That's what I'll be getting for next spring, too!) :p