Help! BV newbie

Apr 26, 2012
aclk.jpg Hi TPFers!

I'm an LV loyalist who recently discovered the buttery softness of BV. :heart:
I want to buy the Small Double-Chain-Handle Intrecciato Tote Bag in gray.
I noticed when BV goes on sale, the discounts are deep. As a result, I am hesitate to pull the trigger. It would pain me to pay $2750 only to see the bag offered for $750 later.
Can you tell me when BV normally has their sales? I heard it's typically May and Nov?
Also, is this a style that usually makes the sale list? TIA!

Attachments

• aclk.jpg
    aclk.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 271
You've got the date on BV sales correct. In terms of what goes on sale, it's always a bit of a guess. Definitely seasonal colors but oddly enough sometimes the colors you'd think would be on sale are not.
Some classic colors can go on sale too.
If it's the bag in the photo, it's a style that has gone on sale in the past. But new light grey is a very good color for BV and I doubt very much it'll go on sale.

Reactions: Pandoravuitton
As per my own experience, I haven't seen any sale deeper than 30%-40% on the bags, and 25-50% on the accessories, so 2750 and 750 seems a bit too optimistic expectation, but that's valid for my area, can't say for all boutiques and outlets.

Usually only seasonal colors go on sale
Something neutral like the gray pictured might not go on sale for a couple of seasons
The sale price is 50% off shoes and clothing and 30% off Napa bags
Sometimes the discount is bigger on goat skin bags etc
I would say to make friends with SA tell her what you are interested in
She/he can watch the bag and see if there is enough inventory for it to even make it to sale
If you. Develop a relationship with a SA they will email you when sale is starting
My SA is Joyce Ragland in the Atlanta store
She is wonderful and will work hard for you

I'd like to add that Barneys has the biggest reduction when bags go on sale. They offer 40 percent. The other department stores go 20-30 percent. BV bags usually get snapped up so you're rarely likely to see a BV make it to a second let alone a third reduction.

One more thing, about this specific bag. Our Bagreedy had an issue with wear from the strap on the leather almost right away. Or was it the chain itself? Nevertheless, I recall her being disappointed about this and she was able to return the bag. It might have been a one time thing but if you buy, make sure you can get repairs or a refund in case there is an issue.

Thank you all, I really appreciate the replies! I saw the sale below (way too late) at Saks and that's what got me in a tizzy, what a steal! I'll wait and see if I can snag my bag come Nov, in any color lol. unnamed.png

I'd like to add that Barneys has the biggest reduction when bags go on sale. They offer 40 percent. The other department stores go 20-30 percent. BV bags usually get snapped up so you're rarely likely to see a BV make it to a second let alone a third reduction.

One more thing, about this specific bag. Our Bagreedy had an issue with wear from the strap on the leather almost right away. Or was it the chain itself? Nevertheless, I recall her being disappointed about this and she was able to return the bag. It might have been a one time thing but if you buy, make sure you can get repairs or a refund in case there is an issue.
Thank you for the tip.

Thanks for the comment on my BV! I've been a leather lover for years, so when I started my handbag collection a few years ago, I immediately fell in love with this stylish understated brand. Not only is the workmanship amazing, but the leather continues to get softer and more lovely. I insure all my bags & I have a list, while looking at it, I realize the majority of my handbags and small accessories are this brand! [emoji173]️ I agree with all the ladies regarding the discount of 30%, and Barney's was a great tip for me too! @grietje Thanks! Happy BV shopping!

$720 for a Campana? Dayum, no wonder it was sold out - I would have bought it in all three colours. I don't think I've even seen any trashed Campanas on eBay for that price. Which department store was this at?

Oh how I wish I live in US! They never go on sale deeper than 30% in my country (that is on top of luxury goods tax of about 10-15%, so technically only 15-20% off) and it is usually only the brightest seasonal colors (the more classic colors sold out by then coz they usually don't have lots of stock)!

But maybe a bad thing to live in US for me... As it is I have too many bags already!

I have bought several BV bags at Nordstrom on sale for 60-70% off. If you are in the store ask if they have any designer bags on sale. The ones I bought were in the back and they brought them out. One of the SAs told me to ask when I'm in the store. They had other brands on sale too. Good Luck!
Holy cows, is that the Seattle store?