HELP! bought Miu Miu Coffer & need advise!

1. Hi~
    I'm new to this Forum and I need your advise on a situation I'm in--I use eBay a lot and noticed this seller in Canada (I'm in Southern California) who sold a lot of designer bags, with 100% feedback, but only 12 ratings. I wrote him @ a Miu Miu Coffer he had sold in brown leather, and he said he would order me one & send it, so I sent him $275 thru PayPal. I called PayPal before I sent it, and they said I was covered--HOWEVER, this Seller says the bag does not come with a serial #, although it does have a card of authenticity--what does this mean, and is this true? Has anyone bought a Coffer and does it have a serial #? I don't want to get stuck with a knockoff! PLEASE HELP!:confused1:
  2. Hello Sweetpeax,

Doesn't look good. I have this Miu Miu handbag and paid over 1400 for it.

You know the old saying ..... "If it's too good to be true................"

Yes you more than likely have a fake.

Some suggestions:

If you don't want to be ripped off:
    Always buy from the designer boutiques , or Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorfs. If you are not willing to pay retail, you can possibly find a previously owned handbag on eBay.
    Always research the seller!!!!!!!

Hope this helps!

Perhaps this seller is willing to refund your money if you return the bag.
  3. Spend some time perusing this forum and you will learn quite a bit!!!!!
    Good luck!!
  4. Try to get your money back. Doesn't sound right.
  5. A real coffer won't sell for that low a price. I hope you can get your money back. good luck.
  6. Its most defo a fake - you would never get one at that price

7. Sometimes sellers use what are called 'drop shippers'. This happens a lot in handbags, a seller sells a designer handbag, and then orders it from China, who then ship to straight to you. Not sure if this is happenning to you or not, but if it is then the bags are usually fakes. Some drop shipping is legal & above board, but a Miu Miu Coffer, brand new, that he has to order for $275 sounds too good to be true to me.

If when the bag arrives, it comes from somewhere like China / Taiwan via EMS shipping, then that will be another red flag. Once it is here, you should be able to tell if it is a fake or not (or post pictures on the forum & ask for authentication).