Help! Best way to clean a vintage LV purse?

1. Hi all!

I just picked up this cute LV purse at a second-hand store for $75. I love it, but the front pocket and inside zip pocket are dirty (like, serious YUCK!). What would be the best way to clean it? Is there a cleaning product (maybe Coach leather cleaner?) or should I have it professionally cleaned? Any thoughts?

Also, does anyone recognize what style it is? It was made in France. I don't know the older styles.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Pippi:flowers:

LVbag.JPG
  2. This is the Jeune Fille - 3 sizes were made and I think you have the medium one. The pocket problem you are talking about is very common in these vintage bags. I think that they aren't dirty, but are peeling and "moldly". The only thing you can do is get the linings replaced by LV for about 100US. Can you post pics of the linings?

3. Thanks so much for identifying it. It is about 8x10x2. My camera is being fixed, so I won't be able to post pics until I get it back. Do you know where I would need to send it? (I'm sure there are no LV stores here - population 6200.) Even with the $100US to replace the lining, it was still a steal!:graucho: And I LOVE the style!:heart:

Pippi:flowers:

4. Here's more info - scroll down about halfway:

http://www.mypoupette.com/admiration.html

Call 1-866-VUITTON and ask for the address to send the bag for repair.

5. Yep! That looks just like my bag (though much cleaner - wonder if they'd trade:lol:)

Thanks so much for your help!:biggrin: I'll post before and after pics.