HELP! best to use on dark cirlces under eyes?

i used to have them .. then i began to take de-stressing herbs that "promote natural sleep" and help relax your nerves ... and I also started drinking alot of water!! and i mean ALOT!!! .....
the decreased stress level of my life, the more sleep i am getting because of it, and all that water .. has not only saved me from dark circles .. but also lessened my back and shoulder pain ...

I needed one last week for some interviews, and I was so nervous I didn't sleep in 2 days! I went to Sephora and they showed me this awesome concealer by Lorac- it was 22 dollars (plus tax) and it worked wonderfully! Worth every single penny. It's also made from natural ingredients like green tea, and my skin felt so good and smooth! I'm going to go back to Sephora to look again at this line.

Hope that helps,

Susan

I have had circles since I was about 20 - I use Cle de Peau concealer and it works great....it's pricey, but lasts for me pretty close to a full year - and I don't waste money trying other products anymore! BTW, I'm 42 (circles have been a part of my life forever it seems!)

I'm going to have a to try a few of these!
Also, I wanted to mention puffiness isn't the same as dark circles . . .
Prep H is great for swelling/puffiness, but won't touch the dark color, smae w/ a few of the other products.
Actually, I have a little more puffiness than I do dark circles, but I CANNOT stand the smell of prep-H!
A good moisturizer before concealer can work magic!

I've tried soaked tea bag, and got all wet.:shame: I haven't found a good way to put them on my eyes w/o getting my face all wet. I've been using Origin puffery cream for my dark circle. It seems to work. For a quick fix, i still need to use concealer.

jstreete said:
i haven't been getting much sleep lately and i'm starting to get dark circles under my eyes. i can't stand it. i heard Preparation H works but i don't know how i feel about using hemorrhoid cream on my face. what's the best thing to use?

I heard Preparation H was for puffy eyes - it shrinks the puffiness like it does you-know-what. I know, it's weird, isn't it? I've heard tea bags help.

I have major eye circles... it's not from lack of sleep though, it's more genetic since my skin there is too thin, and the blood vessels too dark, they show thru

Can anyone else vouch for or against hylexin? i've wanted to try that for so long, and a website has them for sale for $70 US

I've read that hylexin only works for some people. Why not go to Sephora and get them to give you a free sample. It may last long enough that you can see results. I tried something by Dior and it did nothing, so I took it back to Macys. I was a little embarassed, but I'm tired of these companies promising results.

vicky said:
Sometimes dehydration can cause dark circles, try drinking more water and see if that helps. Lack of sleep and then lots of coffee to wake you up - then you're easily dehydrated.

As for concealers, I still think that YSL Touch eclat is the best, have tried many but YSL works for me.

Second this recommendation. I've had circles all of my life. This stuff works better than anything else I've tried!

If you're into DIY, there is a site called SkinActives.com. Here you can buy Eyeliss and Chrysin, as well as Idebenone (the stuff in Prevage) and many other key ingredients and base creams to mix them in. The site has lots of interesting information. I bought from them and made my own eye potion -- I think it has helped! Even if you don't buy anything, it is fascinating and educational.

I have bad dark circles :shame: Mine are hereditary, coupled with lack of sleep (sometimes). MAC undereye concealer is a godsend. I've also used Maybelline Cover Stick, which works well, and is less expensive.