Help! Balenciaga Serial Numbers

Hello,
I m thinking to get Velo as well. When I do research online, I found this website:

balenciagahandbags.org

Just wondering if all bags in this website are authentic? Cuz I really don't want to spend money for fake one.

Thank you so much

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
I m thinking to get Velo as well. When I do research online, I found this website:

balenciagahandbags.org

Just wondering if all bags in this website are authentic? Cuz I really don't want to spend money for fake one.

Thank you so much

I highly doubt it- you can't get a good pre-owned Bal at those prices. It looks like they post authentic stock photos, but no doubt the bag you receive will be fake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have two serial numbers on my balenciaga instead of two. I stopped by balenciaga store and they had told me that all their handbags in yellow family start with #7 however mine doesn't have a color number. They were thinking older balnciaga's don't have color serial number. Is that true?

I only have two serial numbers on my balenciaga instead of two. I stopped by balenciaga store and they had told me that all their handbags in yellow family start with #7 however mine doesn't have a color number. They were thinking older balnciaga's don't have color serial number. Is that true?

I'm not sure I understand what are you talking about. Maybe you can post a picture of the back of the tag?

Hi, all,

I have bought a Silver Giant Hip Messenger in Silver studs,

and i found that the tag has two numbers, 237203 D94IN on the printed tag and 232703/D94IN8110 on the label sticker, is it a mistake or any particular reason?

Thanks a lot for the help, a bit worried on the authenticity of the bag as the sales in the Balenciaga store in Beijing told me Balenciaga has never produced a Silver Hip Messenger in Silver Studs.

image1_zps50f61879.jpg

Hi there!

I have a question RE the serial numbers that are engraved between the No. symbol and the letter on the silver tags of Bal bags before the 2014 changes (ex. N.1234_Z). Is it possible to have two different bags with the exact same numbers engraved on the silver tag, or does each bag get a unique set of numbers?

I know this was kind of asked at the very beginning of the thread, and those numbers are thought to indicate "leather batch", but no definite answer was ever given about it so I'm now just very curious if we know for sure.

Reason I ask is because I recently purchased a Z tag City bag off eBay (I haven't received it yet) and yesterday I saw another resale site with an identical bag that has the same numbers as the silver tag on the bag I just purchased.

Last edited:
Hi there!

I have a question RE the serial numbers that are engraved between the No. symbol and the letter on the silver tags of Bal bags before the 2014 changes (ex. N.1234_Z). Is it possible to have two different bags with the exact same numbers engraved on the silver tag, or does each bag get a unique set of numbers?

I know this was kind of asked at the very beginning of the thread, and those numbers are thought to indicate "leather batch", but no definite answer was ever given about it so I'm now just very curious if we know for sure.

Reason I ask is because I recently purchased a Z tag City bag off eBay (I haven't received it yet) and yesterday I saw another resale site with an identical bag that has the same numbers as the silver tag on the bag I just purchased.

Important: I am not an authenticator or expert - what I am about to share came from my own research to learn what these numbers mean:

I believe bags made in the same season/style/hardware type/leather batch will have identical numbers. Bal bags do not number each bag individually: they do match by season, style, and leather batch. I believe that bags of different colors -- even from same season and style, should not match - because they would come from different leather batch.

There is a thread on tPF - in the Bal Reference thread - about how to read the tags. You can also find this info via google search Some of these pages are several years old, but you will get the gist.

You can also post photos of your new bags on the authentication thread -- be sure to use exactly the pictures they require. The lovely authenticators can help you understand whether your bags are authentic or not.

Hope this helps a bit - good luck with your new bags!

Important: I am not an authenticator or expert - what I am about to share came from my own research to learn what these numbers mean:

I believe bags made in the same season/style/hardware type/leather batch will have identical numbers. Bal bags do not number each bag individually: they do match by season, style, and leather batch. I believe that bags of different colors -- even from same season and style, should not match - because they would come from different leather batch.

There is a thread on tPF - in the Bal Reference thread - about how to read the tags. You can also find this info via google search Some of these pages are several years old, but you will get the gist.

You can also post photos of your new bags on the authentication thread -- be sure to use exactly the pictures they require. The lovely authenticators can help you understand whether your bags are authentic or not.

Hope this helps a bit - good luck with your new bags!

Thanks very much for the info Rocket_girl!:smile:

Hi, I bought balenciaga city 2014 and the back tag has 3 lines - first serial number (115748.2065.G.528147), second line 'made in Italy', and third line 'fabriqué en italie'. Does anyone from same year have same tag as mine?
I believe 115758 is code for city and G is 2014 F/W, how about the second and forth number means?

Last edited: