Help!!! Baby Bunnies

1. Hello all!
    I have a BIG problem...
    In my back yard a rabbit had babies...they are soooo cute....
    BUT I have two dogs. They keep going out there and trying to dig them up.
    NOW, I have to go out there with them and keep them away from the nest.
    I was looking yesterday at them and one of the babies are dead.:sad:
    I don't think my dogs did it because it is right there in the nest. My dog/s would have taken it out..

Should we take the dead one out?

My daughter and her family will be here Saturday with their TWO dogs...
    I am going to have four dogs running around in the back yard with these poor babies.

They have fur already...
    Do you think if we move them outside our fenced yard the Mom will take care of them?

I don't know what to do? I don't want them to die..:crybaby:
  2. Maybe call the local humane society and ask them? Or if you can think of someone better to call...
    Hopefully they make it.
  3. Yeah, I agree with Danica.
  4. Thank you! I will try that.
  5. you can't move baby bunnies. you shouldn't even touch them. it could cause the mother to not come back. you'll just have to keep the dogs away until they are gone. since they may have already killed one, then you need to make sure the mom hasn't already been scared away, if the mother doesn't come back, you need to find a wildlife care center near you to take them to. can you tell if their eyes are open?
  6. ^ITA.

Keep us posted!
  7. Where I live we have a gov't dept called Fish and Wildlife. I'd call your equivalent to them to come out and take the bunny family away.
  8. Use Google to see if there are any wildlife rehabilitators in your area. We've taken an injured bird (and a friend took an orphaned baby squirrel) to a vet clinic in our area, because someone there is a wildlife rehabilitator. If you have one, they should be able to tell you what to do and give you some help. Otherwise try calling your local humane society and see if they can give you some advice; I doubt they'd be able to intervene much, but I imagine they have a good list of contacts to call. I would leave them be for now, and maybe take your dogs out on leashes until the bunnies are taken care of.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.