HELP Authenticate this Tomato First I bought from Ebay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is the brand new Balenciga 07 Tomato First I purchased from eBay. It's my first B bag, I paid $700 for it. But I'm not sure whether it is a real piece or replica. The smell of the leather really annoys me. Beside that, the leather is very sofy, thin and shiny. Backside leather is wrinkled, front leahter is much smoother. Shoulder strap looks short to me (18"). Should these featuers appear on an authentic B bag? Could any one authenticate it for me?? [​IMG][​IMG]

IMGP5124.JPG
  2. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Sorry to post it in the wrong place. But the leather smells like plastic or wax. How's the real one smells like?

7. Erikaka, every batch of B-Leather has a different feel to it. Some are softer, some stiffer, some shinier or duller, or thicker or thinner. As far as I can see, the bag looks good, and seems to have all the qualities that distinguish a real Balenciaga. I have seen Tomato in real life and it certainly looked shinier than other colors, so maybe it is a characteristic of the red Balenciagas. As for the smell... well, my bags smell like leather and maybe a little glue. Certainly it's not Chanel, but an intense smell of, well, "Balenciaga", very peculiar, and very pleasant once you get used to it. I think the only way to find out if your bag smells right is to go into a boutique carrying Balenciagas and dig your nose in them! ;)

8. Thanks Fraublucher. I just went to the store. They don't carry any bag in Tomato. The only difference that I can see from my first and the other first is my b bag's shoulder pad is wider. Is it expected on a real piece?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.