help a lady out

I have an ebene with PH clemence evelyn. It is a beautiful dark brown but brown for sure in good lighting. I am looking for a brown colored birkin and have decided on the chocolate or havanne because for one, I am going for GH and I think the choco is better with GH because it is warmer, brown. The ebene is a cooler brown. Saligator gave a very accurate description, two different coffee beans. One dark robust coffee and the other, milder milky choco. a good place to look is on ebay where people have choco bags in various leathers and hardwares for sale and you can also find the ebene, mostly with PH. try to compare the pics from indoors to indoors and outdoors to outdoors. Ebene is definitely not black, but it will go with black, but side by side they are very different. good luck

I think both chocolate and ebene are gorgeous...brown is one of my favorite colors :love: I also think I would prefer the chocolate with gold hardware and the ebene with palladium. Whichever one you choose, it is going to be beautiful!

Both are lovely. Chocolate is warmer, ebene is cooler. Ebene is closer to black and as such I think it pairs well with black. Personally I prefer ebene with PH. Very modern. But I don't think you can go wrong with either. If you wear a lot of browns and warm tones, then chocolate; if cool tones and blacks, then ebene.

You all have explained these colors so well! I sort of lean towards chocolate, but then again I also have A LOT of blk so I need a contrast to that --- and do completely agree with Loren that GH is the best compliment for chocolate.
If possible, and time permits, our 24F, had (our might still have) an ebay listing for an outstanding Ebene Bolide that beautifully showcased the richness of this color perfectly.
I wish her luck with her choice -- I love that style and covet your raisin one!

Both colors look beautiful w/ PH. However I can see chocolate pair well w/ GH as well, but not Ebene & GH. Makes sense?

Chocolate is definitely a warmer rich brown. Ebene is a beatiful very dark brown, bordering greyish black.

I'm a gal that prefers chocolate exactly because of its warmer brownish color.
I am biased that brown bags go better with gold harware.

I'm a simple minded gal, very unfashionable when it comes to color combinations... I think brown bags go with brownish/neutral, nonblack clothing..

so for me, chocolate would be the choice.

For me, nothing beats Ebene Clemence with pall/H:heart: ....As others have said, Ebene is darker than chocolate, it reminds me of a coffee bean; I haven't seen chocolate IRL in Clemence, but it's not so dark and it's a warmer brown.... I'm plotting to get a Clemence Ebene Birkin 35 within this year!!!:wlae:

Here are two pics of my 40 Ebene Clemence Birkin, which in fact is not mine anymore, and is about to cross the Atlantic!!

Attachments

• P1010211.JPG
    P1010211.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 22
  • P1010214.JPG
    P1010214.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 20