Heloise or Ramona?

1. Hi ladies!

Although I'm a frequent reader of this forum it's the first time I send a post. I could really use your help. I want to buy a new black bag but I'm torn between the black Heloise and the black shiny Ramona. I want to use it as an everyday bag. I already have the quilted bay bag in black and the extra large ramona in burgundy. What do you thing?

Thanks!:smile:

Heloise
    http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/23074

Ramona
    http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/22913

2. Hard choice! Depends I guess... I think the Heloise is a little more versatile though. You could take it to work when they demand you to dress up, you could take it shopping in your jeans, while I think the Ramona is a little more sophisticated to be carried around casually.

Also depends on your age (this is a sensitive issue so i'll just be swift about it): the Heloise looks fairly all ages while the Ramona seems to be for an older audience. Once I bought a bag that was in the shape of a birkin (not a birkin though... i'd go broke!) and it was beautiful when it was on the shelf and lying in my wardrobe, but I could never carry it anywhere because I just thought it seemed too mature for me to carry.

(By the way I don't know your age nor am I making any assumptions! Please don't be offended!)

3. I say Heloise. Especially since you already have a ramona.

4. one more vote for heloise!:tup:

5. I vote for Heloise.

6. I own and love a Ramona, but since you already have one, I'd say go for the Heloise. (I'm not a big fan of owning multiples of the same bag.)

And welcome to the forum, carolm! :flowers:

7. My vote is for the Heloise! I love both bags, but even before reread your post and noticed that you already have a Ramona I liked the Heloise.

8. Even though I voted (above) for the Heloise in this case, I wanted to question the suggestion that the Ramona is for an "older audience" and is "mature" looking.

IMO, the Ramona is sexy, glam, even a bit rock n roll. :graucho: Here are some pics of younger celebs "workin' it."

On the other hand, the Heloise (which I :heart:) actually has more of a classic, traditional "old lady" satchel shape, lol, even though its certainly not an "old lady" bag by any means!

LINDSEY LOHAN
    [​IMG]

JESSICA ALBA
    [​IMG]

JESSICA SIMPSON
    [​IMG]

MANDY MOORE
    [​IMG]

VICTORIA BECKHAM (before new hairdo)
    [​IMG]

Lindsey Lohan Ramona.jpg Jessica Alba Ramona.jpg Jessica Simpson Ramona.jpg Mandy Moore Ramona.jpg Victoria Beckham Ramona.jpg
  9. oooh toughie, as I too adore the Ramona, but I would definately try the Helouise as I really think it looks like a lovely bag, AND you have one fabby ramona already ;)

great dillema to have tho, as both are gorgeous bags ;)

10. My preference is for the Heloise :yes:

But they are very different bags from one another - the Heloise being more structured while the Romona being very slouchy. I love both in their own way but I would opt for the Heloise...especially since you aleady have the Romona ;)

Let us know what you decide :flowers:

11. Thank you very much for your opinions ladies!

I have seen the black shiny ramona IRL. The leather is not patent just dark and shiny and "reflects" the light. To be honest I found it quite beautiful. The ramona that I have is the extra large, so the strap is canvas and the size and hardware larger as the normal ramona.
    I haven't seen the heloise but I think it seems like a more structured bag and in some way it reminds me a bit of the bay. Plus I also have the feeling, like Cosmopolitan said, that the Heloise is a much more "mature" bag than the Ramona. I don't know, maybe I'm terribly wrong! But I do agree with all of you ladies that it's not so interesting to own multiples of the same bag, unless you really love it!;)

Kuruma, of course I'm not offended!

Balchlfen I've seen your gorgeous Heloise. To be honest you' ve inspired me to like and maybe buy one. If it's not too much to ask a modelling pic could be really helpful!

Once again thank you ladies for your time. It's nice to be an active member of this forum!:smile:

12. Another vote for Heloise!

13. vote for Heloise.

14. I know that you mention using it as an everyday bag, but what do you carry everyday? I like the Heloise because it will work for everyday and dress-up. But, if you need to take public transportation or carry stuff (water bottle, files, newspaper,etc) then the Ramona would be more practical...

15. Oops sorry I somehow completely missed that you already have another Ramona... get a Heloise! Though I think all our opinions are a little skewed towards chloe bags, due to being on the chloe forum, hmmmm :p?

Oh yeah and like kiss_p said, don't throw practicality out the window! It'll annoy you to not be able to take your new buy out much because it can't fit anything (speaking from experience...).