Hello! Magazine Presents: Alternative Wedding (Gown) Hues

1. [​IMG]
    Many modern brides are looking for something a tad more cutting edge than the traditional white ensemble. If you fancy choosing from a varied palette when it comes to your big day, why not take inspiration from our gallery of colourful alternatives, such as this eye-catching creation in shimmering apple green satin?

Get inspired by Elizabeth Hurley - who tied the knot with fiancé Arun recently wearing a hot pink sari - by opting for layers of gradually deepening blush pink for a look that's both romantic and flattering
  2. [​IMG]
    This gleaming, metallic-finish number is guaranteed to get eyes turning as you sashay down the aisle

After something truly bold? Drama-loving brides play the scarlet women on their big day with full-on pillar-box flounces
  3. [​IMG]
    Looking to add a fairytale feel? This white ruffled creation is giving a modern twist with a hint of palest pink on the skirt

Delicate gold embroidery adds a touch of yesteryear elegance to this empire-waist number
  4. [​IMG]
    Whether your diamond's as big as the Ritz or not, how about a Great Gatsby look in pale blossom pink?

A light gold cocktail dress embellished with sequins gives a feel that's both youthful and feminine
  5. [​IMG]
    If all-over colour isn't your thing, then a bright sash is the ideal compromise

Depending on your skin tone, yellow can make a sophisticated alternative to traditional white
  6. [​IMG]
    This vibrant, Spanish-style design would definitely ensure you're the centre of attention on your special day

Hollywood glamour isn't reserved for the red carpet; this one-shouldered scarlet affair is the epitome of silver screen elegance - and ideal for evening nuptials
  7. Those are all gorgeous dresses, but I don't think I'd stray too far from the normal white dress. The white and off white dresses with color accents seem rather cool and cutting edge for a wedding, and while the other colored dresses are beautiful and dramatic, they don't really say "I'm getting married" to me. Cool post, thanks!
  8. Thanks for the post. I would have loved for colored dresses to be more acceptable when I got married. I ended up in white which is one of my worst colors.
  9. Any of the lighter colors might work, but the apple green, red or Spanish gown would be a tad too much.